8 things ER doctors refuse to have in their homes (and more that I don't want in mine)

Ever wonder about which everyday items you already have your home that should be scaring you? I do!

Well, not really. Since I work for Accident Data Center, I'm already scared of everything, but it's good to know what scares other people, especially people who are also dealing constantly with death and injury in their jobs. Over at Health.com, they've compiled a list of items that ER doctors say they refuse to have in their homes. You can see the full list and explanations here, but the items are as follows:

1) Trampolines 2) Button batteries 3) Swimming pools 4) Power washers and extension ladders 5) Guns 6) Ramen noodle soups 7) Old pain pills 8) High chairs that pull up to the table

While some of these items surprise me (ramen noodles?!), this is a great list...for starting. As an ADC employee, I'd add these items as well:

9) ATVs. Not for kids, not for me.

10) Tricycles. Definitely not under the age of 3.

11) Single-engine planes.  I acknowledge that the likelihood that you have one of these in your garage in slim.

12) Laundry detergent pods. Why do they look like candy?!

13) Grapes and other small orb-like snacks. OK, you can just cut them in half. 

14) Cars driven by humans. Yeah, I know this is unreasonable. But can the robot overlords please take over before my daughter is old enough to drive?! (LOL, just kidding, I'll never allow her to drive.)

I can go on forever, but I think you get the idea. 

Add new comment

To prevent automated s-p-a-m submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
1 + 0 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.