Need Legal Help Now?
Chico-Redding, CA - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Chico and Redding - "City of Roses" meets Shasta Cascade
Chico, known as the "City of Roses" is the most populous city in Butte County, California, and is one of the richest agricultural areas in the world. The original inhabitants of the area now known as Chico were the Mechoopda Maidu Native Americans. As of the 2010 census population was 86,187 up from 59,954 at the time of the 2000 census. The city is a cultural, economic, and educational center of the northern Sacramento Valley and home to both California State University, Chico and Bidwell Park, one of the country's 25 largest municipal parks and the 13th largest municipally-owned park.
Redding is located on Interstate 5 in Northern California, and the Sacramento River courses through the city. It has a population of 89,861 and is the largest city in the Shasta Cascade region, and is the fourth largest city in the Sacramento Valley.
The major roads through Chico and Redding include:
- State Route 99 and State Route 32 intersect in Chico.
- Interstate 5 runs through the east central portion of Redding.
- CA 299, formerly U.S. 299, runs through the western, central, and northeastern parts of Redding.
- CA 44 runs through the middle and eastern part of town. Its western terminus is at Market Street (California 273) in downtown Redding.
- CA 273, was formerly the Interstate 5 Business Route, and also formerly the U.S. 99, directly through Redding.
Links to accidents that occur in the Chico-Redding area
Here is information on the most recent accidents in the Chico and Redding areas:
- Chico and Redding car accidents
- Chico and Redding motorcycle accidents
- Chico and Redding pedestrian accidents
- Chico and Redding commercial truck accidents
- Chico and Redding bus accidents
- Chico and Redding aircraft accidents
If you are looking for information on a specific crash that happened in Chico or Redding, go to the link above for the accident type you are seeking.
If you know someone who has been injured in a Chico or Redding accident, here are links to the major hospitals in the area:
- Shasta Regional Medical Center
- Patients' Hospital
- St Elizabeth Community Hospital
- Mercy Medical Center Redding
Chico and Redding Community Safety Resources:
Legal information for accident victims in Chico and Redding
When injury or death is the result of a motor-vehicle crash in Chico or Redding, many decisions need to be made immediately, and questions need to be answered. For example, how much of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance policy? How does PIP insurance help with medical bills immediately? What if the at-fault driver has no insurance?