San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
The Bay Area - Spanning the Golden Gate Bridge, Jack London Square and Silicon Valley
The San Francisco Bay Area, commonly referred to as the Bay Area, is a populated region that surrounds the San Francisco and San Pablo estuaries in Northern California. The region encompasses the major cities and metropolitan areas of San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose, along with smaller urban and rural areas. The Bay Area's nine counties are Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma. Home to approximately 7.44 million people, the nine-county Bay Area contains many cities, towns, airports, and associated regional, state, and national parks, connected by a network of roads, highways, railroads, bridges, tunnels and commuter rail. The combined statistical area of the region is the second-largest in California (after the Greater Los Angeles area), the fifth-largest in the United States, and the 43rd-largest urban area in the world. To get up-to-date road information, go to the California DOT site. And to find out current weather conditions in the Bay Area go to Accuweather.com.
The Major Interstates and Freeways of the Bay Area
- Interstate 80 San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge
- Interstate 580 Richmond - San Rafael Bridge
- Route 92 San Mateo - Hayward Bridge
- Route 84 Dumbarton Bridge
The Peninsula to the South Bay
- Interstate 280 Southern, Junipero Serra, & Sinclair Freeways and Highway 101 Bayshore & South Valley Freeways
- Route 1 Cabrillo Highway Route 35 Skyline Boulevard
- Route 9, Route 17 Santa Cruz Freeway
- Route 85 West Valley Freeway, Route 237 Southbay Freeway
- Route 87 Guadalupe Freeway
- Route 152; Route 156
- Route 82 El Camino Real
- Highway 101 Redwood Highway and Route 1 Shoreline Highway
- Interstate 505
- Route 29 through Solano County
- Route 37 Through Vallejo
- Route 12 Sonoma
- Interstates 680 Sinclair Freeway and Interstate 880 Nimitz Freeway
- Interstate 980 Grove Shafter Freeway
- Interstate 205 Alameda County to San Joaquin County
- Route 13 Warren Freeway and Route 24 Grover Shafter Freeway
- Interstate 238 and Route 238 Mission Boulevard
- Route 4 John Muir Parkway
Here is information on the most recent accidents in The Bay Area:
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose car accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose motorcycle accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose bicycle accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose pedestrian accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose aircraft accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose train accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose commercial truck accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose boating accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose bus accidents
If you are looking for information on a specific crash that happened in the Bay Area, go to the link above for the accident type you are seeking.
If you know someone who has been injured in a Bay Area accident, here are links to the major hospitals in the region:
- California Pacific Medical Center
- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
- San Francisco General Hospital
- St. Mary's Medical Center
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center
- O'Connor Hospital
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- El Camino Hospital Los Gatos
Grief support information for accident victims in The Bay Area
When a loved one is killed in a motor-vehicle accident, it is often helpful for grieving family and friends to get help from a grief support organization. It can be comforting to talk with others going through a similar situation, and the road to recovering from the loss may go more smoothly. Go here to get information on Bay Area grief support organizations.
Bay Area legal information for accident victims
When injury or death is the result of a motor-vehicle crash in San Francisco, Oakland or San Jose, many decisions need to be made immediately and questions need to be answered. For example, how much of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance policy? How does PIP insurance help with medical bills immediately? What if the at-fault driver has no insurance?
Where to find legal assistance after a Bay Area injury accidentAfter a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a San Francisco injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies affect accident victims, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a San Francisco - San Jose wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a San Francisco - San Jose personal injury lawyer can do to help.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
Alcohol may have been a factor in a crash on Almaden Expressway Thursday that sent two drivers to the hospital and closed a stretch of Almaden Expressway just south of Highway 85 as the morning commute was getting underway, San Jose police said.
One person was killed and one injured Wednesday evening when a sailboat taking part in a race near Redwood City collided with a channel marker buoy, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said.
A woman was struck by a taxi in downtown San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon.
The collision was reported at 12:36 p.m. near Bush and Stockton streets, a San Francisco police spokesman Officer said.
A 62-year-old man carrying cans of beer while crossing a street in Redwood City was struck and killed by a car early Monday, authorities said.
A 4-year-old boy was struck by a car in San Francisco's Richmond District Thursday morning.
Emergency responders received reports of the crash at 43rd Avenue and Fulton Street at 11:43 a.m., according to the fire department.
A 98-year-old man died after he was hit by a car in Berkeley, police said Saturday.
Joseph Luft was hit by a car at Sacramento Street and Bancroft Way about 12:20 p.m. Friday, authorities said.
A pedestrian was struck and injured by a vehicle in San Francisco on Friday morning near the Stockton Tunnel, police said.
Police stated the collision happened just after 6 a.m. at Stockton and California Streets.
The Santa Clara County Medical Examiner was called to the scene of a fatal collision involving a pedestrian on northbound U.S. Highway 101 just north of Great American Parkway in Santa Clara, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A single vehicle crash on Highway 29 north of Red Hills Road has claimed the lives of two Clearlake men, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Cornerback Chris Culliver of the San Francisco 49ers was arrested Friday in San Jose on hit-and-run and and weapons possession, according to San Jose Police.
Seven people were injured following a two-vehicle crash in San Francisco early Wednesday morning, at the intersection of Geary Boulevard and Van Ness Avenue.