Need Legal Help Now?
San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
The Bay Area - Spanning the Golden Gate Bridge, Jack London Square and Silicon Valley
The San Francisco Bay Area, commonly referred to as the Bay Area, is a populated region that surrounds the San Francisco and San Pablo estuaries in Northern California. The region encompasses the major cities and metropolitan areas of San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose, along with smaller urban and rural areas. The Bay Area's nine counties are Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma. Home to approximately 7.44 million people, the nine-county Bay Area contains many cities, towns, airports, and associated regional, state, and national parks, connected by a network of roads, highways, railroads, bridges, tunnels and commuter rail. The combined statistical area of the region is the second-largest in California (after the Greater Los Angeles area), the fifth-largest in the United States, and the 43rd-largest urban area in the world. To get up-to-date road information, go to the California DOT site. And to find out current weather conditions in the Bay Area go to Accuweather.com.
The Major Interstates and Freeways of the Bay Area
- Interstate 80 San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge
- Interstate 580 Richmond - San Rafael Bridge
- Route 92 San Mateo - Hayward Bridge
- Route 84 Dumbarton Bridge
The Peninsula to the South Bay
- Interstate 280 Southern, Junipero Serra, & Sinclair Freeways and Highway 101 Bayshore & South Valley Freeways
- Route 1 Cabrillo Highway Route 35 Skyline Boulevard
- Route 9, Route 17 Santa Cruz Freeway
- Route 85 West Valley Freeway, Route 237 Southbay Freeway
- Route 87 Guadalupe Freeway
- Route 152; Route 156
- Route 82 El Camino Real
- Highway 101 Redwood Highway and Route 1 Shoreline Highway
- Interstate 505
- Route 29 through Solano County
- Route 37 Through Vallejo
- Route 12 Sonoma
- Interstates 680 Sinclair Freeway and Interstate 880 Nimitz Freeway
- Interstate 980 Grove Shafter Freeway
- Interstate 205 Alameda County to San Joaquin County
- Route 13 Warren Freeway and Route 24 Grover Shafter Freeway
- Interstate 238 and Route 238 Mission Boulevard
- Route 4 John Muir Parkway
Here is information on the most recent accidents in The Bay Area:
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose car accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose motorcycle accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose bicycle accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose pedestrian accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose aircraft accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose train accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose commercial truck accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose boating accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose bus accidents
If you are looking for information on a specific crash that happened in the Bay Area, go to the link above for the accident type you are seeking.
If you know someone who has been injured in a Bay Area accident, here are links to the major hospitals in the region:
- California Pacific Medical Center
- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
- San Francisco General Hospital
- St. Mary's Medical Center
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center
- O'Connor Hospital
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- El Camino Hospital Los Gatos
Grief support information for accident victims in The Bay Area
When a loved one is killed in a motor-vehicle accident, it is often helpful for grieving family and friends to get help from a grief support organization. It can be comforting to talk with others going through a similar situation, and the road to recovering from the loss may go more smoothly. Go here to get information on Bay Area grief support organizations.
Bay Area legal information for accident victims
When injury or death is the result of a motor-vehicle crash in San Francisco, Oakland or San Jose, many decisions need to be made immediately and questions need to be answered. For example, how much of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance policy? How does PIP insurance help with medical bills immediately? What if the at-fault driver has no insurance?
Where to find legal assistance after a Bay Area injury accidentAfter a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a San Francisco injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies affect accident victims, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a San Francisco - San Jose wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a San Francisco - San Jose personal injury lawyer can do to help.
Legal Data Center
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
A woman was struck and killed by a train at Caltrain’s Redwood City station this morning, an agency spokeswoman said.
A man has been arrested this morning for his role in a fatal crash on northbound state Highway 85 in San Jose, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A crash involving a big-rig carrying 56,000 pounds of wine snarled traffic on northbound U.S. Highway 101 in Santa Rosa Monday morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
A bicyclist was injured when he was struck by an AC Transit bus in San Francisco's Rincon Hill neighborhood Wednesday, police said.
A crash in unincorporated Marin County near San Rafael has knocked out power to thousands of PG&E customers this morning, according to PG&E officials.
One person was killed when a car went off of southbound state Highway 17 and rolled down a hill near Los Gatos Tuesday afternoon, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
A bicyclist, Danika Tyler Garcia 14, was injured in a collision with a light-rail train in San Jose Friday morning, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority officials said.
A suspected car burglar was arrested early Thursday after he crashed in Oakland at the end of a 20-minute chase that began in San Leandro, police said.
The California Highway Patrol is asking for help from any witnesses of a crash that killed a man who was walking in the lanes of traffic on eastbound Interstate Highway 580 in Oakland early this morning.
A man was critically injured when a vehicle struck him in San Francisco’s Oceanview neighborhood on Monday night, a police spokesman said Tuesday.
The collision was reported at 9:12 p.m. at Alemany Boulevard and Brotherhood Way.