Need Legal Help Now?
Denver, CO - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Denver is nicknamed the "Mile-High City" because its official elevation is exactly one mile above sea level. Like all cities on the eastern edge of the rocky mountains, Denver can experience sudden and extreme changes in climate. In the warmest month of July, temperatures can reach up to 100°F while in December, the coldest month, temperatures have been recorded as low as −29 °F. Denver was first established as gold mining town in 1858. These days, Denver is a natural hub for the distrubution of goods and services to the Mountain and Southwest states. The abundance of mineral resources supports many mining and energy companies in the area, and its position in the Mountain Time Zone makes it an important location for the telecommunications industry.
Major Roadways in Denver
- Interstate 25 is a major north-south highway that travels from Las Cruces, New Mexico to Buffalo, Wyoming, and the main north-south expressway through New Mexico, Wyoming, and Colorado.
- Interstate 70 is a major east-west highway that runs from Baltimore, Maryland, to Cove Fort, Utah, passing through the central US.
- Interstate 76 that begins in Arvada, near Denver, and goes to the state line with Nebraska where it Interstate 80 near Big Springs.
- U.S. Route 6, also known as the Grand Army of the Republic Highway, passes from Bishop, California to Provincetown, Massachusetts. In Colorado it mostly overlaps other freeways, but serves as a route to Utah.
- U.S. Route 36, or the Denver/Boulder Turnpike, begins at Rocky Mountain National Park and runs to the state line with Kansas.
- The Regional Transportation District manages over 1,000 buses serving 10,000 bus stops in the Denver/Boulder metropolitan area, as well as 6 light rail lines.
- Amtrak provides passenger rail service to Denver on its California Zephyr line.
- Greyhound Lines has a major intercity bus hub in Denver.
- The primary airport in the area is the Denver International Airport.
- Three general aviation ariports also exist in the area: the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport, the Centennial Airport, and the Front Range Airport.
Go here to learn about recent accidents in Denver, including:
- Denver motorcycle accidents;
- Denver boating accidents;
- Denver pedestrian accidents;
- Denver car accidents;
- Denver aircraft accidents;
- Denver truck accidents;
- Denver bicycle accidents.
Resources and Outreach Organizations in Denver
When someone is injured in an accident in Denver, it is important to gather information about what happens next.
Being injured in a serious accident is always a shocking and scary experience, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful. Accident victims are forced to deal with hospitalization, medical treatments, missed work, and lost income, often while trying to manage pain and disability from their injuries. And then the insurance adjusters start circling. Find out more about accidents and what issues an injured person needs to be aware of by going to this link.
Where to find legal assistance after a Denver injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Denver injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a personal injury attorney can do to help.
Legal Data Center
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
Four people were hospitalized -- at least one with serious injuries -- in a three-car wreck earlier this morning near the intersection of 30th Street and Arapahoe Avenue.
Bernadette Trujillo, 50, had a birthday Tuesday that she'll never forget. She was swept into the middle of a police chase and narrowly escaped injury.
A airplane reported missing in Teller County Sunday afternoon was found crashed about a mile west of the Telluride Regional Airport at about 6 p.m. Sunday.
Aurora emergency crews are on the scene of a five car-semi truck crash that also sparked a brush fire along Interstate 70.
Eastbound I-70 at Peña Boulevard will be closed for up to two hours, said an Aurora police spokesman.
A 10-year-old girl crashed a car into a DMV office in Parker on Monday.
According to police, the vehicle was sitting in the DMV parking lot when the girl got into the car and it started going.
Authorities say a 46-year-old man was killed when he crashed into a tree while skiing at Keystone Resort.
Lakewood police are searching for a suspect after a “puffer” pickup was stolen and then crashed into a van.
According to police, the owner of the pickup jumped into the bed of the truck as the suspect was driving away.
An RTD light rail train and an SUV crashed in downtown Denver Thursday afternoon just as the afternoon rush was beginning.
A 20-year-old Payson woman died in a traffic crash Wednesday morning in Wyoming.