Need Legal Help Now?
Tampa-St. Petersburg, FL - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Tampa and St. Petersburg - The bay cities of Florida with stunning beaches
Though they lack a world-renowned theme park like Orlando, the cities of Tampa and St. Petersburg, both situated around the Tampa Bay, use their attractive beaches and regularly warm weather to draw in tourists each year. The area is the second largest metropolitan statistical area in Florida by population.
Major highways around the bay
- I-75, runs north-south along the east side of the bay and passes along the east side of Tampa.
- I-4, which goes from the heart of Tampa eastward towards Lakeland and Orlando.
- I-275, cuts through the center of Tampa, crosses Old Tampa Bay, and passes through St. Petersburg.
All types of accidents in Tampa-St. Petersburg
- Tampa-St. Petersburg commercial trucking accidents
- Tampa-St. Petersburg car accidents
- Tampa-St. Petersburg motorcycle accidents
- Tampa-St. Petersburg pedestrian accidents
- Tampa-St. Petersburg bicycle accidents
- Tampa-St. Petersburg drunk driving accidents
- Tampa-St. Petersburg train accidents
- Tampa-St. Petersburg aircraft accidents
Searching for an injured friend or relative? Here are the main local hospitals:
Grief Support and Other Helpful Groups
- The Life Center of Tampa Counseling
- Anderson-McQueen Funeral and Grief Support Services
- Griefnet.org Online Grief Support
- Tampa Bay Cycle
Where to find legal assistance after you or a loved one are involved in a Tampa Bay-area accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from an experienced Tampa personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Tampa wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Tampa accident lawyer can do to help.
Accident reports by county
As in any area of life or law it is important to hire the right person for the job. If you were trying to lay tile at your home, you wouldn’t hire a roofer to do the job. Areas of law work similarly.
Most insurance companies and injury attorneys rely on some type of formula to give them an idea what a case is worth.
As the plaintiff in an action for personal injuries after a slip and fall accident, you will have the burden of presenting the court with specific evidence that supports both a defendant’s liability for your fall and shows that you were not contributorily negligent.
Florida has the highest rate of bicyclist deaths of any state in the nation. Worse still: while most states have been able to make major reductions in the number of cyclist deaths over the past thirty years, Florida had the second-worst improvement of all fifty states.
There are numerous ways for the insurance company to deny your claim. One of their favorite and most frequently used is to assert a legal defense known simply as “misrepresentation.”
Some of these complications can have serious consequences, such as loss of use of a limb or even amputation, which some patients will elect in order to relieve the pain of compartment syndrome.