Accident Date:Sun, 09/03/2017
Need Legal Help Now?
Chicago, IL Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles account for only 4% of vehicles in Illinois, but represent 14% of traffic fatalities
Chicago motorcycle collisions are a serious safety risk for the many riders in the region
Motorcycle accidents are a common occurrence in Chicago. Since there are so many bikes on the roads, the number of collisions is high. Many motorcycle crashes are caused by drivers who don't know the roads well, have been drinking, or who are distracted by the sights. Whatever the cause, motorcycle accidents are a major safety and economic issue for riders in the Chicago region.
Get information here on motorcycle crashes and lawsThe Chicago Police Department offers information on traffic and accidents, and also provides information on filing a police report. The department is a good resource for local residents and visitors alike to get information and assistance after a motorcycle crash. Go to this link for information on Illinois motorcycle laws.
Common causes of motorcycle crashes include:
- Vehicles turning left: Statistically, the most dangerous situation for a motorcyclist occurs when cars are making left-hand turns. These collisions account for 42% of all crashes between motorcycles and other vehicles.
- Head-on collisions: The vast majority of motorcycle crashes with cars occur when they collide head-on. These head-on crashes result in a higher fatality rate than other types of crashes.
- Lane Splitting: Lane splitting refers to when a motorcyclist drives between two lanes of cars, usually in heavy traffic when car movement is slowed or stopped.
- Speeding and alcohol impairment: Statistically, approximately half of single-vehicle motorcycle crashes have speeding and alcohol use as factors.
- Crashes between motorcycles and stationary objects: Motorcyclists crashing with fixed objects result in 25% of motorcyclist deaths.
- Road hazards: Hazards such as potholes, icy conditions, uneven lanes, and debris in the road pose significant danger to motorcyclists.
When someone is injured in a Chicago area motorcycle crash, what needs to happen next?In an injury accident, it is crucial to get appropriate medical treatment, regardless of the financial cost. The major hospitals in the area include:
- University of Chicago Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Mercy Hospital
- Swedish Covenant Hospital
When a Chicago motorcycle accident is serious or fatal, it is crucial to find a Chicago auto accident lawyerWhen an injury is serious or a death occurs, the next step is to find an experienced Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer to start the financial recovery process by launching an insurance claim. Major injury or wrongful death claims are complicated and difficult to manage. Having a Chicago personal injury attorney on board is a great relief to injured people, or to the family left behind when an accident proves fatal.
Motorcycle Accident Reports and News from the Chicago, IL Area
Accident Date:Sat, 09/02/2017
Accident Date:Fri, 08/25/2017
Accident Date:Fri, 08/11/2017
Accident Date:Sun, 07/09/2017
Accident Date:Sat, 07/01/2017
Accident Date:Sun, 06/25/2017
Accident Date:Mon, 06/05/2017
Accident Date:Thu, 06/01/2017
Accident Date:Wed, 05/17/2017
Accident Date:Sun, 05/14/2017
Accident Date:Fri, 05/12/2017
Accident Date:Tue, 04/25/2017
Accident Date:Mon, 04/24/2017
Accident Date:Sat, 04/22/2017
Accident Date:Sun, 04/09/2017
Accident Date:Sat, 04/08/2017
Accident Date:Sun, 02/19/2017
Accident Date:Sat, 02/11/2017
- Page 1
- next ›