If a businessman is on a work trip only to be dragged off a plane and personally injured in a Chicago airport, can he sue his company for workers’ compensation?
Need Legal Help Now?
Chicago, IL - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Chicago is the third most populous city in the US with 2.7 million people. The city is a major center for finance, as well as manufacturing, printing, publishing and food processing. Attracting over 30 million tourists a year, Chicago is also a center of art, entertainment, and music, and is the birthplace of Chicago soul and Chicago blues.
Links to recent accidents in the Chicago area
Here is information on the most recent accidents in Chicago:
- Chicago car accidents;
- Chicago motorcycle accidents;
- Chicago bicycle accidents;
- Chicago pedestrian accidents;
- Chicago train accidents;
- Chicago boating accidents;
- Chicago aircraft accidents;
- Chicago commercial truck accidents.
- Interstate 94 is a major east-west highway that connects northern continental states to the Great Lakes and Canada. It is notable for being the northernmost east-west highway in the United States.
- Interstate 90 is the longest interstate freeway in the United States, connecting Seattle in the west to Boston in the east for a total of 3,020.54 miles.
- Kennedy Expressway runs from O'Hare International Airport east and south to downtown Chicago.
- Jane Addams Memorial Tollway runs from its complex interchange with the Kennedy Expressway and the Tri-State Tollway through the northwest suburbs towards Rockford.
- The Chicago Transit Authority runs an extrensive system of buses within the city of Chicago and a few of the nearby suburbs.
- Chicago is home to the second-most used commuter rail service in the nation. Called Metra, it operates 11 lines and offered 83.4 million passenger rides in 2014.
- Chicago is one of the largest passenger rail service hubs in the nation, and Amtrak operates routes that travel all over the U.S. from Chicago.
- The O'Hare International Airport is located in Chicago, and is considered one of the busiest airports in the world.
Information on Chicago's major hospitals:
Resources to find grief support groups:
Center for Grief Recovery and Therapeutic Services - This organization works with individuals, couples and partnerships, families, corporations, and organizations. If you want to learn about Chicago counseling, Chicago counselors, or therapy, please call for a free consultation at (773) 274-4600. Chicago Grief Support Group directory.
When someone is injured in an accident in Chicago, it is important to gather information about what happens next.
Being injured in a serious accident is always a shocking and scary experience, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful. Accident victims are forced to deal with hospitalization, medical treatments, missed work, and lost income, often while trying to manage pain and disability from their injuries. And then the insurance adjusters start circling. Find out more about accidents and what issues an injured person needs to be aware of by going to this link.
Where to find legal assistance after a Chicago injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Chicago personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work when an injured person is out-of-network, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Chicago wrongful death lawyer will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Chicago accident attorney can do to help.