Need Legal Help Now?
Evansville, IN - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Evansville - city at the border of three states
Evansville is the commercial, medical, and cultural hub of Southwestern Indiana and the Illinois-Indiana-Kentucky tri-state area. It is the third-largest city in the state of Indiana and the largest city in Southern Indiana. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 117,429 and a metropolitan population of 358,676. It is the county seat of Vanderburgh County. Summers in Evansville are hot and humid, and winters are cool to cold.
Major Roadways in Evansville
- Interstate 64 is a major east-west highway that connects Indiana to Illinois and Kentucky.
- Interstate 69 runs diagonally northeast to southwest through the state of Indiana.
- U.S. Highway 41 is a north-south highway that runs parallel to the Illinois State line on the Indiana side.
Other Transportation in Evansville
- Four major freight railroads pass through Evansville: CSX, Evansville Western Railway, the Indiana Southwestern Railway, and the Norfolk Southern Railway.
- The Metropolitan Evansville Transit System provides buses to all areas of the city.
- Evansville also has port facilities on the Ohio River, connecting it to both the Great Lakes and to international ports.
Major Hospitals and Medical Centers in Evansville, Indiana
If you know someone who has been injured in an accident and are trying to get information about their condition, here are links to the major hospitals and medical centers around Evansville.
Outreach Programs and Resources in Evansville
- Evansville Bicycle Club
- Safe Kids Indiana
- Evansville Grief Therapists
- Grief Support Groups Evansville
Search Accident Types in Evansville
Information on the most recent accidents in Lexington can be sorted by the types of vehicles involved. Click the links below to learn about specific accident types.
- Evansville Car Accidents
- Evansville Truck Accidents
- Evansville Motorcycle Accident
- Evansville Train Accidents
- Evansville Pedestrian Accidents
- Other Types of Evansville Accidents
When someone is injured in an accident in Evansville, it is important to gather information about what happens next.
Being injured in a serious accident is always a shocking and scary experience, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful. Accident victims are forced to deal with hospitalization, medical treatments, missed work, and lost income, often while trying to manage pain and disability from their injuries. And then the insurance adjusters start circling. Find out more about accidents and what issues an injured person needs to be aware of by going to this link.
Legal Data Center
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
According to police, around 11:30 Sunday afternoon on Illinois Route 130 north of Albion in Edwards County, two cars crashed nearly head-on. Two people were killed. Few details are available; check back for updates.
It was about 2:25 p.m. when Justin James, 32, was driving north on Highway 41 and began to lose traction, possibly due to the wet roads and heavy rain at the time.
A person was struck by a car in the
Earnest Plunkett was driving on Highway 813 when he pulled in front of a car.
Around 7:30 a.m. on Interstate 69 near exit 33 one person was involved in a rollover crash that left them seriously injured.