Louisville, KY - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Louisville - Kentucky's largest city; a blend of the old and the new
Louisville is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the 28th most populous city in the United States. Louisville was founded in 1778, one of the oldest cities west of the Appalachian Mountains. Today the city is known as the home of the Kentucky Derby, Kentucky Fried Chicken, the University of Louisville and its Louisville Cardinals athletic teams. Although situated in a Southern state, Louisville is influenced by both Southern and Midwestern culture. It is sometimes referred to as either one of the northernmost Southern cities or as one of the southernmost Northern cities in the United States.
Louisville's Major Roadways:
- Interstate 64 passes through Louisville and runs for a total of 191 miles, beginning in St. Louis, Missouri and ending in Richmond, Virginia.
- Interstate 65 is a major highway that runs from Gary, Indiana to Mobile, Alabama, passing through Louisville on the way.
- Interstate 71 begins in Louisville and runs northeast, ending in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Interstate 264 (Henry Watterson Expressway east of US 31W, and Shawnee Expressway west of US 31W) runs a circle on the southern side of Louisville.
- Interstate 265 / Gene Snyder Freeway rings around the Louisville metropolitan area, which includes some of southern Indiana.
Other Transportation in Louisville
- Public Transportation in Louisville consists mostly of buses run by the Transit Authority of River City. A trolley system is also available in the downtown and shopping districts.
- Louisville has historically been a major center for railway traffic. In modern times, the city is served by two major freight railroads, CSX and Norfolk Southern. Two regional railroads, Paducah and Louisville Railway, and the Louisville and Indiana Railroad, are also present in the area.
- Louisville's main airport is the Louisville International Airport, which is the global airport hub for UPS.
Major Hospitals and Medical Centers in Louisville
If you know someone who has recently been in an accident in the Louisville area, it is likely that they were taken to one of the following places for treatment.
- KentuckyOne Health, the University of Lousiville Hospital
- Baptist Health Louisville
- Kosair Children's Hospital
- Norton Hospital
Resources and Outreach Organizations in Louisville
- Louisville Walk Friendly Communities
- Kentucky Transportation Center
- Louisville Bicycle Club
- Bike Louisville
- Bicycling for Louisville
- Hosparus Grief Counseling
- Ratterman Funeral Home Grief Counseling
Search Louisville Accidents by Type
Here at Accident Data Center, we sort our accident reports by the types of vehicles involved. Here are all the categories of Louisville accidents.
- Louisville Car Accidents
- Louisville Truck Accidents
- Louisville Pedestrian Accidents
- Louisville Train Accidents
- Louisville Bus Accidents
- Louisville Motorcycle Accidents
When someone is injured in an accident in Louisville, it is important to gather information about what happens next
Being injured in a serious accident is always a shocking and scary experience, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful. Accident victims are forced to deal with hospitalization, medical treatments, missed work, and lost income, often while trying to manage pain and disability from their injuries. And then the insurance adjusters start circling. Find out more about accidents and what issues an injured person needs to be aware of by going to this link.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
One person was killed and another was taken to an area hospital after a multi-vehicle wreck Monday night. Two vehicles crashed in the 3600 block of Middle Road at 11:50 p.m. When emergency crews arrived on the scene they discovered one o
Police arrested a juvenile and were searching for two men on Sunday after a police pursuit and car wreck in Trimble County. Kentucky State Police said a car was pulled over for speeding in Henry County, then the driver fled and was chased by
A pedestrian was killed on Dixie Highway early Sunday after being hit by a taxi, said a Louisville Metro Police spokesman.
The accident happened at about 1 a.m. on Dixie Highway near Katherine Station Road, he said.
John Vausha, 62, was driving on Ind. 64 about 6:45 p.m. when a witness saw his vehicle leave the road.
A car traveling west on I-64 near mile marker 106 struck a sport utility vehicle traveling east, and the driver of the car and a passenger in the SUV were killed. The 2-year-ol
A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle as he tried to direct traffic on Dixie Highway Monday night.
A 19-year-old was killed and another person was critically injured after a UPS delivery truck struck their car on South Third Street Monday night.
A man had to be removed from his car and transported to a hospital after a train struck the vehicle in southeastern Jefferson County shortly after 7 p.m. Tuesday.