Need Legal Help Now?
Eugene, OR - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Eugene, Oregon - Oregon's second largest city, home to the University of Oregon
Eugene is home to more than 140,000 people. It covers approximately 41.5 square miles, with the Willamette River running through the heart of the city and the McKenzie River joining the Willamette to the north of town. The elevation is 426 above sea level and the city's topography features Skinner Butte to the north of downtown and the south, the landmark Spencer Butte, now a 310-acre city park.
Eugene's climate, with an average temperature of 53 degrees, is one of the city's attractive features. Mild winters, long growing seasons, and few drastic weather changes are characteristic. Normal annual rainfall is 43 inches which falls mostly between September and June.
Eugene has a high percentage of professionals including doctors, lawyers, architects, and educators. Eugene is home to the University of Oregon , Northwest Christian University, and Lane Community College.
Major highways around the Eugene region
Highways traveling within and through Eugene include:
- Interstate 5: Interstate 5 forms much of the eastern city limit, acting as an effective, though unofficial boundary between Eugene and Springfield. To the north, I-5 leads to the Willamette Valley and Portland. To the south, I-5 leads to Roseburg, Medford, and the southwestern portion of the state. In full, Interstate 5 continues north to the Canadian Border at Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia and extends south to the Mexican border at Tijuana and San Diego.Oregon Route 126 is routed along the Eugene-Springfield Highway, a limited-access freeway. The Eugene portion of this highway begins at an interchange with Interstate 5 and ends two miles (3 km) west at a freeway terminus.
- Delta Highway: The Delta Highway forms a connector of less than 2 miles (3.2 km) between Interstate 105 and Beltline Highway.
- Oregon Route 99: Oregon Route 99 forks off Interstate 5 south of Eugene, and forms a major surface artery in Eugene. It continues north into the Willamette valley, parallel to I-5. It is sometimes called the "scenic route" since it has a great view of the Coast Range and also stretches through many scenic farmlands of the Willamette Valley.
Transportation options to and from Eugene
Air travel is served by the Eugene Airport, which is the fifth largest airport in the Northwest and second largest airport in Oregon. The Eugene Metro area also has numerous private airports, several heliports, and many single helipads.
The 1908 Amtrak depot downtown was restored in 2004; it is the southern terminus for two daily runs of the Amtrak Cascades, and a stop along the route in each direction for the daily Coast Starlight.
Lane Transit District covers 240 square miles of Lane County, including Creswell, Cottage Grove, Junction City, Veneta, and Blue River. Operating more than 90 buses during peak hours, LTD carries riders on 3.7 million trips every year.
Get information on recent accidents in Eugene
If you are looking for information on a specific accident in Eugene, please check the links below:
- Eugene commercial trucking accidents
- Eugene car accidents
- Eugene pedestrian accidents
- Eugene motorcycle accidents
- Eugene bicycle accidents
- Eugene aircraft accidents
- Eugene train accidents
Major medical centers near Eugene
After a serious accident, many people receive treatment at one of Eugene's nearby medical centers, including:
Where to find legal assistance after you or a loved one are involved in a Eugene accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Eugene personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Eugene wrongful death lawyer will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Eugene accident lawyer can do to help.