Need Legal Help Now?
Complete Texas accident reports and news.
Accident reports by area
Texas - The Lone Star State
Texas is the second largest U.S. state, behind Alaska, with an area of 268,820 square miles (696,200 km2). Texas is home to 10 climatic regions, 14 soil regions and 11 distinct ecological regions, and its vast cultural and economic diversity makes it difficult to categorize into just one cultural region of the United States. Texas was once its own independent republic before becoming annexed into the United States in 1845.
Major Roadways in Texas
- Interstate 10 is the southernmost transcontinental highway in the American Interstate Highway System, stretching from the Pacific Ocean near Santa Monica, California to the Atlantic near Jacksonville, Florida. Interstate 10 stretches for 879 miles within Texas, making it the longest continuous untolled freeway under a single authority in North America.
- Interstate 20 is a major east-west highway that begins at a junction with Interstate 10 near Kent, then passes through the state, passing through the Dallas/Fort Worth area, before leaving the state and entering Louisiana. Interstate 20 is currently 636 miles long.
- Interstate 35 runs north-south through the central US, from the American-Mexican border in Laredo to the Great Lakes in Duluth, Minnesota.
- Interstate 40 travels from Wilmington, North Carolina, to Barstow, California. It passes through many major cities such as Raleigh, North Carolina, Nashville, Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, Little Rock, Arkansas, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Interstate 45 is located entirely within the state of Texas, connecting the cities of Dallas and Houston. The portion of the Interstate between Houston and Galveston is known to locals as the Gulf Freeway.
The Climate Regions of Texas
Due to the expansiveness of the state, different areas of Texas experience distinctly different weather patterns. Texas is broken down into five primary climate regions: Northern Plains, Trans-Pecos Region, Texas Hill Country, Piney Woods, and South Texas.
- The Northern Plains region of Texas is located in the far north of the state, containing cities such as Amarillo and Wichita Falls. This part of Texas is considered part of the Tornado Alley region of the United States, and is defined as a semi-arid region. The area is prone to drought, and winter nights often see temperatures fall below the freezing mark. Texas sees more tornadoes than any other state in the union, with an average of 139 a year.
- The Trans-Pecos Region is located in the far west and west-central parts of Texas, containing the city of El Paso. Also known as Big Bend Country, this region contains the Chihuahuan Desert and is the driest part of the state.
- Texas Hill Country, or central Texas, experiences cool winters and hot summers. This region is famous for its many rivers and hills and often floods in the lower-lying areas. Austin and San Antonio exist in this part of the state.
- The Piney Woods section of Texas is located in the far east, and experiences more rainfall than any other region because of humid air currents from the Gulf of Mexico. Because of its humid climate, eastern Texas is prone to severe thunderstorms and tornadoes, especially in the springtime. Hurricanes also strike this region during hurricane season in the late summer. Many of the major cities of Texas exist in this region, including Dallas, Fort Worth, Galveston, and Houston.
- South Texas is considered the southern most tip of the American Great Plains region, with rainfall similar to the Northen Plains. Areas on the coast are warm most of the year because of currents from the Gulf, and rain there is more abundant than inland. Corpus Christi and Laredo are located in this region.
Extreme weather conditions can make driving in Texas a challenge. Go to the Texas Department of Transportation to get more information about safe driving in all sorts of circumstances.
- Abilene-Sweetwater accidents;
- Amarillo accidents;
- Austin accidents;
- Beaumont and Port Arthur accidents;
- Corpus Christi accidents;
- Dallas and Fort Worth accidents;
- El Paso accidents;
- Harlingen, Weslaco, Brownsville, and McAllen accidents;
- Houston accidents;
- Laredo accidents;
- Lubbock accidents;
- Odessa and Midland accidents;
- San Angelo accidents;
- San Antonio accidents;
- Tyler and Longview accidents;
- Victoria accidents;
- Waco, Temple, and Bryan accidents;
- Wichita Falls and Lawton accidents.
What to do after a serious accident in Texas
If you or a loved one has been hurt or killed in a motor vehicle accident in Texas, it is essential to get legal assistance to cover the medical bills, lost income, and other costs that arise. A Texas personal injury attorney will make sure that you and your family are compensated so that you can begin rebuilding your life.
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Legal and Other Resources and Information
It is well known that those who seek healthcare will have difficulty because of the time and distance it takes to reach destinations here in the Rio Grande Valley, an area that stretches over 200 miles.
Choosing to own and drive a motorcycle carries as much risk as it does to drive any other vehicle. Especially since accidents happen, and they’re not always your fault.
¿Lesionado en un Accidente Automovilístico? Siga los Siguientes Pasos Para Presentar un Reclamo por Lesiones Personales
Afortunadamente, si un conductor negligente le ha causado lesiones serias, está dentro de sus derechos buscar una compensación económica por sus lesiones si presenta un reclamo por lesiones personales.
Fortunately, if a negligent driver has caused you to suffer serious injuries, it is within your rights to seek financial compensation for your injuries by filing a personal injury claim.
Golf carts have really made a big splash since they began renting them out, however, with public feedback, there is still high risk.
Herrman and Herrman’s support of community events such as Fiesta de la Flor, the Beach to Bay Relay Marathon and the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer fundraiser walk reflects the firm’s commitment to being a civic leader and giving back to the communities in the Coastal Bend and the Rio Grande Valley.
Los residentes de Texas están familiarizados con los numerosos camiones comerciales y remolques de tractores en las carreteras de nuestro estado.
This newly formed task force will meet quarterly to discuss efforts to expand on domestic terrorism across Local, State, and Federal law enforcement agencies in Texas.
Most recent accident reports