Need Legal Help Now?
Corpus Christi, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Corpus Christi - The Sparkling City by the Sea
Corpus Christi is a coastal city in southern Texas. The metropolitan area US Census estimated population in 2013 was 442,600, making it the eighth-most populous city in Texas. The name Corpus Christi means, "Body of Christ" in Latin, and was given to the settlement and surrounding bay by Spanish explorer Alonso Álvarez de Pinedain 1519. The majority of the population is employed in the services, wholesale and retail trades, as well as government sectors.
Major Roadways in Corpus Christi
- Interstate 37 provides access to the Corpus Christi International Airport and the city's downtown, as well as connecting the city to San Antonio in the north.
- U.S. Route 77 is a north-south highway that travels from Corpus Christi, through Dallas, and ends in Sioux City, Iowa.
- U.S. Route 181 is located entirely within Texas, and runs from Corpus Christi to just south of San Antonio. It largely parallels Interstate 37 to the east.
- Texas State Highway 35 travels from Houston to the eastern side of Corpus Christi.
- Texas State Highway 44 runs east-west, connecting Corpus Christi to Encinal. It is also known as the Cesar Chavez Memorial Highway.
- Texas State Highway 286 / Crosstown Expressway this road connects downtown Corpus Christi to Chapman Ranch.
- Texas State Highway 358 / Padre Island Drive is a highway that runs along the southern end of Corpus Christi.
- The Corpus Christi International Airport serves the area, primarily offering flights that travel through Houston and Dallas.
- 28 bus routes provide transportation in the inner-city, and are managed by the Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority.
- The city has a large harbor for freight, but does not have a passenger port, though plans to build one are being discussed.
- Railroad transportation from San Antonio to Corpus Christi is provided by the Union Pacific Railroad.
Go here to learn more about recent Corpus Christi accidents:
Major Hospitals and Medical Centers in Corpus Christi
If you know someone who has been injured in an accident in the Corpus Christi area, it is likely that they were taken to one of the following medical centers for treatment.
Corpus Christi legal information for accident victims
After someone has been injured or killed in a motor-vehicle crash in Corpus Christi, many decisions need to be made immediately and questions need to be answered. For example, how much of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance policy? How does PIP insurance help with medical bills immediately? What if the at-fault driver has no insurance?
Where to find legal assistance after a Corpus Christi injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Corpus Christi injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Corpus Christi wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Corpus Christi accident lawyer can do to help.
Legal Data Center
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
The man who was killed while trying to cross Clarkwood Rd. on foot has been identified as 23-year-old Richard Cruz.