Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Dallas rose to prominence because of its historical importance to the oil and cottown industries. In modern times, the city's economy is primarily based on banking, commerce, telecommunications, computer technology, energy, healthcare and medical research, and transportation and logistics, with a 2013 real GDP of $448 billion. The Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area has a population of 6.9 million and is only expected to grow.
Fort Worth is Fort Worth is the 17th-largest city in the United States and the fifth-largest city in the state of Texas. The city is located in North Central Texas and covers nearly 350 square miles in Tarrant, Denton, Parker, and Wise counties—serving as the seat for Tarrant County. According to the 2013 census estimates, Fort Worth has a population of 792,727. The city is the second-largest in the Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan area.
Major Roadways in Dallas and Fort Worth
- Interstate 20 is an east-west highway that passes through central Texas. The interstate runs from Florence, South Carolina to Kent, Texas.
- Interstate 30 runs through Dallas and Fort Worth on its way to Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Interstate 45 is a major road that connects Dallas and Houston.
- U.S. Route 67 is a 1, 560-mile long north-south highway that begins in Presidio, Texas at the Mexican Border and ends in Sabula, Iowa. It passes through Dallas.
- U.S. Route 75 begins in Dallas and travels north to the Oklahoma state line, where it continues north to the Canadian border in Minnesota.
- The Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority (DART) operates buses, light rail, commuter rail, and high-occupancy vehicle lanes in Dallas and 12 of its suburbs.
- Dallas has the seventh-busiest light rail system in the country, with approximately 55 stations on 72 miles of light rail.
- Dallas is served by two commercial airports: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field, offering services to over 200 destinations both domestic and international.
- Dallas Executive Airport and Addison Airport serve as general aviation airports in the area.
Resources and Outreach Organizations in Dallas
- CyclingSavvy: Dallas
- Bike Friendly Dallas
- Green Dallas: Bike Safety
- Injury Prevention Center of Greater Dallas
- Dallas Pedestrian Network
Go here to learn more about recent Dallas and Fort Worth accidents including:
What to do after a serious injury accident in Dallas or Fort Worth
When someone has been injured in a motor-vehicle collision in Dallas or Fort Worth, the accident victim and their family members are left with medical bills, lost income, and other costs. When someone is killed due to the negligence of another person or company, a wrongful death claim needs to be launched. It is important to get legal assistance to help the accident victim recover, or when the accident is fatal, to help the family members get fully compensated for their losses. Learn more about how Dallas personal injury attorneys will help injured victims and families.
Legal Data Center
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Accident reports by county
The mediation was hard fought but ultimately resulted in a settlement that we were exceedingly pleased with. A $250,000 recovery on less than $25,000 in medical bills is quite an accomplishment.
This client had a chronic health condition that made surgery a risky proposition. I argued to the insurance adjuster that her non-economic damages would, in fact, be higher since she was unable to safely undergo the recommended procedure.
I submitted very thorough demands on this case. The liability carrier quickly tendered its policy limits of $30,000. I was eventually able to get the client’s underinsured motorist carrier to tender its policy limits of $250,000.
It took him many months to recover from his injury and physical therapy was a time-consuming and burdensome process. I made the case about a human being – not some medical bills. I’m very proud we were able to obtain a $45,500 recovery even though the medical bills were below $5,000.
The surgery was successful and she made a strong recovery. Rotator cuff injuries can greatly impact your activities of daily living so I was pleased with the settlement and the client’s recovery.
Of course, you’re probably thinking,”Do we really want teen drivers in control of 40 tons of metal and cargo? They cause enough accidents driving standard 4-door sedans!”
Prior to submitting the settlement proposal I ran a detailed background search of the at-fault commercial driver and located records of another lawsuit he was a party to. The incident that led to that lawsuit occurred just months before the collision that injured our client.
What should you do to make sure you gather a fair settlement if you find yourself involved in a semi-truck accident? Here’s a quick check-list...
The two most common defenses to liability are that the owner had no knowledge their dog had previously bitten someone and/or demonstrated aggressive tendencies in the past or, possibly, that you were a trespasser on the premises.