Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Dallas rose to prominence because of its historical importance to the oil and cottown industries. In modern times, the city's economy is primarily based on banking, commerce, telecommunications, computer technology, energy, healthcare and medical research, and transportation and logistics, with a 2013 real GDP of $448 billion. The Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area has a population of 6.9 million and is only expected to grow.
Fort Worth is Fort Worth is the 17th-largest city in the United States and the fifth-largest city in the state of Texas. The city is located in North Central Texas and covers nearly 350 square miles in Tarrant, Denton, Parker, and Wise counties—serving as the seat for Tarrant County. According to the 2013 census estimates, Fort Worth has a population of 792,727. The city is the second-largest in the Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan area.
Major Roadways in Dallas and Fort Worth
- Interstate 20 is an east-west highway that passes through central Texas. The interstate runs from Florence, South Carolina to Kent, Texas.
- Interstate 30 runs through Dallas and Fort Worth on its way to Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Interstate 45 is a major road that connects Dallas and Houston.
- U.S. Route 67 is a 1, 560-mile long north-south highway that begins in Presidio, Texas at the Mexican Border and ends in Sabula, Iowa. It passes through Dallas.
- U.S. Route 75 begins in Dallas and travels north to the Oklahoma state line, where it continues north to the Canadian border in Minnesota.
- The Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority (DART) operates buses, light rail, commuter rail, and high-occupancy vehicle lanes in Dallas and 12 of its suburbs.
- Dallas has the seventh-busiest light rail system in the country, with approximately 55 stations on 72 miles of light rail.
- Dallas is served by two commercial airports: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field, offering services to over 200 destinations both domestic and international.
- Dallas Executive Airport and Addison Airport serve as general aviation airports in the area.
Resources and Outreach Organizations in Dallas
- CyclingSavvy: Dallas
- Bike Friendly Dallas
- Green Dallas: Bike Safety
- Injury Prevention Center of Greater Dallas
- Dallas Pedestrian Network
Go here to learn more about recent Dallas and Fort Worth accidents including:
What to do after a serious injury accident in Dallas or Fort Worth
When someone has been injured in a motor-vehicle collision in Dallas or Fort Worth, the accident victim and their family members are left with medical bills, lost income, and other costs. When someone is killed due to the negligence of another person or company, a wrongful death claim needs to be launched. It is important to get legal assistance to help the accident victim recover, or when the accident is fatal, to help the family members get fully compensated for their losses. Learn more about how Dallas personal injury attorneys will help injured victims and families.
Legal Data Center
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Accident reports by county
Should you feel embarrassed if you come away from a pretty tame auto accident with severe injuries? Probably not. And now science supports this. Learn more in this post.
In Texas, the unfortunate reality is that insurance companies have laws written in their favor. That’s the world you live in, whether you want to or not.
There is no “rule” that an insurance company has to pay you a multiple of your medical bills as damages. In fact, many insurance carriers will typically offer claimants LESS than their medical bills alone.
Although symptoms from most mild traumatic brain injuries subside, a small percentage of people (5-15%) will suffer chronic symptoms and impairments. They are often referred to as the “miserable minority.”
The landowner had a duty under well-established Texas law to warn him of the dangerous condition or to make safe the condition since it posed an unreasonable risk which the landowner knew of or should have discovered upon a reasonable inspection of the premises.
A favorable police report is always preferred, of course, but I wasn’t about to give up the fight because a police report was inaccurate.
Speed is definitely a factor. Research backs that up. But the true relationship between speed and injury severity remains foggy.
Should you feel terrified every time you grab the wheel and drive in the DFW Metroplex? Find out what the latest driving safety data reveals.
Up until this research was performed, no one had done any injury assessment for thoracic (mid-chest) or lumbar (lower) spine injuries. That’s not just true in America – it’s true throughout the entire world.
They know the injured victim is going to demand compensation – likely significant compensation from them – in damages. Their insurance company is likely going to tell them that they’re going to have to pay much higher premiums as a result.