Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Dallas rose to prominence because of its historical importance to the oil and cottown industries. In modern times, the city's economy is primarily based on banking, commerce, telecommunications, computer technology, energy, healthcare and medical research, and transportation and logistics, with a 2013 real GDP of $448 billion. The Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area has a population of 6.9 million and is only expected to grow.
Fort Worth is Fort Worth is the 17th-largest city in the United States and the fifth-largest city in the state of Texas. The city is located in North Central Texas and covers nearly 350 square miles in Tarrant, Denton, Parker, and Wise counties—serving as the seat for Tarrant County. According to the 2013 census estimates, Fort Worth has a population of 792,727. The city is the second-largest in the Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan area.
Major Roadways in Dallas and Fort Worth
- Interstate 20 is an east-west highway that passes through central Texas. The interstate runs from Florence, South Carolina to Kent, Texas.
- Interstate 30 runs through Dallas and Fort Worth on its way to Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Interstate 45 is a major road that connects Dallas and Houston.
- U.S. Route 67 is a 1, 560-mile long north-south highway that begins in Presidio, Texas at the Mexican Border and ends in Sabula, Iowa. It passes through Dallas.
- U.S. Route 75 begins in Dallas and travels north to the Oklahoma state line, where it continues north to the Canadian border in Minnesota.
- The Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority (DART) operates buses, light rail, commuter rail, and high-occupancy vehicle lanes in Dallas and 12 of its suburbs.
- Dallas has the seventh-busiest light rail system in the country, with approximately 55 stations on 72 miles of light rail.
- Dallas is served by two commercial airports: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field, offering services to over 200 destinations both domestic and international.
- Dallas Executive Airport and Addison Airport serve as general aviation airports in the area.
Resources and Outreach Organizations in Dallas
- CyclingSavvy: Dallas
- Bike Friendly Dallas
- Green Dallas: Bike Safety
- Injury Prevention Center of Greater Dallas
- Dallas Pedestrian Network
Go here to learn more about recent Dallas and Fort Worth accidents including:
What to do after a serious injury accident in Dallas or Fort Worth
When someone has been injured in a motor-vehicle collision in Dallas or Fort Worth, the accident victim and their family members are left with medical bills, lost income, and other costs. When someone is killed due to the negligence of another person or company, a wrongful death claim needs to be launched. It is important to get legal assistance to help the accident victim recover, or when the accident is fatal, to help the family members get fully compensated for their losses. Learn more about how Dallas personal injury attorneys will help injured victims and families.
Legal Data Center
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Accident reports by county
Our client had pre-existing degenerative disc disease in his cervical spine but prior to the accident he had no real complaints of neck or back pain. It was readily apparent our client sustained a significant neck sprain/strain in the wreck and that facet syndrome was responsible for the shooting pain he was experiencing.
It’s always rewarding when we can assist a client in getting a hospital bill significantly reduced. Our ability to obtain a significant reduction guaranteed that the client would walk away with the compensation she deserved as opposed to significant medical debt due to an inattentive motorist’s negligence.
This client did not have a truly objective injury I could point to. She did, however, have symptoms that mimicked those typically seen with a herniated disc. Even though the symptoms resolved, I argued to the adjuster that the injuries the client had sustained did have a significant temporary impact on her life entitling her to fair compensation.
You’ve heard about people in other lawsuits who seek money for “pain and suffering.” You know the stereotypes associated with those damages.
So should you, in your unique situation, be entitled to recover damages for “pain and suffering?”
$18,500 gross recovery for cervical strain injury auto accident in Richardson, TX. Great claim settlement where insurance company offered client only $7,500 before retaining Mullen & Mullen.
Don’t fall for these tricks from insurance companies after an accident! They’ll try anything they can to reduce or eliminate your accident settlement.
Independent witnesses can often make or break a case. It is important to try and identify witnesses following a car accident if you are able to do so. Use the recording function on your smartphone to get statement(s) from any witnesses and encourage any witnesses to remain at the scene until law enforcement arrives.
Don’t worry, you won’t be writing it. Your lawyer will because it’s critical to present all the facts and circumstances in a way that positions you well.
We’re not talking about manipulation or exaggeration here. This is a settlement tool we need to use on your behalf to make sure you don’t get run over by the insurance company.