Need Legal Help Now?
Houston, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Named after Sam Houston, president of the former Republic of Texas, Houston is the most populous city in Texas with a census-estimated 2014 population of 2.239 million people. Houston's economy has a broad industrial base in energy, manufacturing, aeronautics, and transportation, as well as leading in health care sectors and building oilfield equipment. Houston is also home to NASA's Johnson Space Center, where the famous Mission Control is located.
Major Roadways in Houston
There are over 700 miles of freeways and expressways in the Houston metropolitan area, so its no wonder that the majority of Houston's residents drive to work! Houston is rated number four in the country for worst congestion, and more freeways are proposed or in the process of being built to help improve the situation. Here are some of the major roadways in Houston.
- Interstate 610 forms a 38-mile loop around the downtown sector of Houston. It is one of three beltways that divide the city, Interstate 610 being the inner most one.
- Beltway 8 / Sam Houston Parkway is a state highway that runs an 83-mile ring around the Houston area. It is contained entirely within Harris County.
- State Highway 99 / Grand Parkway is Houston's outer beltway, and will be the longest beltway in the U.S. once it is complete. It is composed of 11 segments, 3 of which are completed.
Other Transportation in Houston
- Buses, lift vans, and a light rail line are available in downtown Houston.
- Amtrak provides service three times a week to Houston, stopping at a train station on the north side of the downtown area.
- Houston has more cyclists than any other city in Texas, with 160 miles of bikeways dedicated to them.
- Houston has three airports: George Bush Intercontinental Airport, which is the tenth busiest airport in the U.S., William P. Hobby Airport, a smaller airport directed more towards domestic and commercial flights, and Ellington Airport, which is primarily used by government and military planes.
Major Hospitals and Medical Centers
If you are searching for someone who was injured in an accident in Houston, there is a good chance they were taken to one of the following locations for medical treatment.
Resources and outreach organizations in Houston
Go here to read about recent accidents in Houston:
Where to find legal assistance after a Houston injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Houston personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Houston wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Houston car accident lawyer can do to help.
Legal Data Center
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
Two people were injured after a METRO bus was involved in an accident in southwest Houston.
It happened in the 9900 block of South Main Street near the 610 South Loop around 11 a.m. Thursday.
A high-speed crash killed one teenager and injured another two in northwest Houston Wednesday night.
An off-duty Harris County sheriff's deputy stumbled upon a deadly scene early Wednesday morning.
Four people who ran from police are all in the hospital this morning after crashing into a tree at the end of a chase in northwest Houston.
Three people are in the hospital after a pile up involving as many as 11 vehicles.
A man died when he got off a Metro bus Tuesday morning and a car hit him as he crossed a street in northwest Houston.
The incident happened about 6:30 a.m. at 10500 Hempstead near Dacoma, according to the Houston Police Department.
Anita Benton, a cheery bookkeeper at a family-owned scrap metal yard in Houston, had spent Saturday evening Christmas shopping with friends and her teenage daughter, Winter.
Three people were killed and a fourth injured in a major car crash on the campus of Sam Houston State University.
A pump at a gas station exploded in a ball of fire following a traffic crash Wednesday morning in northwest Harris County.
A man died early Wednesday morning when he was thrown from his sport utility vehicle during a rollover crash along 610 Loop in northwest Houston.