Need Legal Help Now?
San Antonio, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
San Antonio is the 7th most populated city in the U.S. and the second most populated city in the state of Texas. The Greater San Antonio metropolitan area has a population of over 2.27 million. San Antonio is the home of the famous San Antonio Spurs basketball team. The Annual San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo is hosted in the city as well, which is one of the largest livestock shows in the country.
- Interstate 10 is referred to as the McDermott Freeway when heading northwest to El Paso, Phoenix, and Los Angeles, and Jose Lopez freeway where it heads east to Seguin, Houston, and New Orleans.
- Interstate 35, or the Pan Am Expressway, runs south to Loredo and north to Austin.
- Interstate 37, or the Lucian Adams Freeway, runs southeast towards Corpus Christi.
- Interstate 410, or Connally Loop, is a 53-mile inner beltway around the city.
- U.S. Route 90, or the Cleto Rodriguez Freeway, goes west to Uvalde, Del Rio, and Van Horn.
- U.S. Route 281, or the McAllister Freeway, travels north to Johnson City and Wichita Falls, and south to Pleasanton.
- State Highway 151, or the Stotzer Freeway, runs through Westover Hills and provides access to SeaWorld.
- State Highway Loop 1604 is a 96-mile outer beltway that encircles San Antonio.
- San Antonio has 136 miles of bike lanes, paths, and routes for cyclists.
- VIA Metropolitan Transit offers bus transportation within the city, with 89 regular bus routes and two street car routes.
- Amtrak provides service to the San Antonio Amtrak Station, where both the Texas Eagle and Sunset Limited Routes pass through.
- San Antonio is home to two airports: San Antonio International Airport, which is the 6th busiest in Texas, and Stinson Municipal Airport, which is owned by the city and functions as a reliever airport.
Go here to learn more about San Antonio accidents including:
- San Antonio aircraft accidents;
- San Antonio pedestrian accidents;
- San Antonio car accidents;
- San Antonio bicycle accidents;
- San Antonio truck accidents;
- San Antonio train accidents;
- San Antonio drunk driving accidents;
- San Antonio bus accidents;
- San Antonio motorcycle accidents.
Major hospitals in San Antonio:
Where to find legal assistance after a San Antonio injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a San Antonio personal injury lawyer who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows the issues related to insurance policies, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a San Antonio wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a San Antonio accident attorney can do to help.
Legal Data Center
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
The San Antonio Fire Department was called to the scene of a rollover accident on southbound Loop 1604 near Wiseman Boulevard, according to SAFD.
The highway was shut down around 8:40 a.m. Tuesday.
A man, 20, was airlifted to University Hospital after a crash that shut down the eastbound lanes of Loop 1604 on Monday before 11:30 a.m.
A major accident closed part of the 2100 block of Zarzamora between Brady and A streets Saturday morning.
Three vehicles were involved in the crash, a white work van, a red Ford Edge pickup and a silver Toyota.
The Bexar County Medical Examiner's office has identified the man killed Wednesday night in a motorcycle crash as Brandon Batres, 23.
Police have identified the woman who died in a crash early Friday near the San Pedro Avenue and Basse Road intersection as Senaida Delagarza, 43.