Need Legal Help Now?
San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
The Bay Area - Spanning the Golden Gate Bridge, Jack London Square and Silicon Valley
The San Francisco Bay Area, commonly referred to as the Bay Area, is a populated region that surrounds the San Francisco and San Pablo estuaries in Northern California. The region encompasses the major cities and metropolitan areas of San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose, along with smaller urban and rural areas. The Bay Area's nine counties are Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma. Home to approximately 7.44 million people, the nine-county Bay Area contains many cities, towns, airports, and associated regional, state, and national parks, connected by a network of roads, highways, railroads, bridges, tunnels and commuter rail. The combined statistical area of the region is the second-largest in California (after the Greater Los Angeles area), the fifth-largest in the United States, and the 43rd-largest urban area in the world. To get up-to-date road information, go to the California DOT site. And to find out current weather conditions in the Bay Area go to Accuweather.com.
The Major Interstates and Freeways of the Bay Area
- Interstate 80 San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge
- Interstate 580 Richmond - San Rafael Bridge
- Route 92 San Mateo - Hayward Bridge
- Route 84 Dumbarton Bridge
The Peninsula to the South Bay
- Interstate 280 Southern, Junipero Serra, & Sinclair Freeways and Highway 101 Bayshore & South Valley Freeways
- Route 1 Cabrillo Highway Route 35 Skyline Boulevard
- Route 9, Route 17 Santa Cruz Freeway
- Route 85 West Valley Freeway, Route 237 Southbay Freeway
- Route 87 Guadalupe Freeway
- Route 152; Route 156
- Route 82 El Camino Real
- Highway 101 Redwood Highway and Route 1 Shoreline Highway
- Interstate 505
- Route 29 through Solano County
- Route 37 Through Vallejo
- Route 12 Sonoma
- Interstates 680 Sinclair Freeway and Interstate 880 Nimitz Freeway
- Interstate 980 Grove Shafter Freeway
- Interstate 205 Alameda County to San Joaquin County
- Route 13 Warren Freeway and Route 24 Grover Shafter Freeway
- Interstate 238 and Route 238 Mission Boulevard
- Route 4 John Muir Parkway
Here is information on the most recent accidents in The Bay Area:
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose car accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose motorcycle accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose bicycle accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose pedestrian accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose aircraft accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose train accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose commercial truck accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose boating accidents
- San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose bus accidents
If you are looking for information on a specific crash that happened in the Bay Area, go to the link above for the accident type you are seeking.
If you know someone who has been injured in a Bay Area accident, here are links to the major hospitals in the region:
- California Pacific Medical Center
- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
- San Francisco General Hospital
- St. Mary's Medical Center
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center
- O'Connor Hospital
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- El Camino Hospital Los Gatos
Grief support information for accident victims in The Bay Area
When a loved one is killed in a motor-vehicle accident, it is often helpful for grieving family and friends to get help from a grief support organization. It can be comforting to talk with others going through a similar situation, and the road to recovering from the loss may go more smoothly. Go here to get information on Bay Area grief support organizations.
Bay Area legal information for accident victims
When injury or death is the result of a motor-vehicle crash in San Francisco, Oakland or San Jose, many decisions need to be made immediately and questions need to be answered. For example, how much of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance policy? How does PIP insurance help with medical bills immediately? What if the at-fault driver has no insurance?
Where to find legal assistance after a Bay Area injury accidentAfter a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a San Francisco injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies affect accident victims, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a San Francisco - San Jose wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a San Francisco - San Jose personal injury lawyer can do to help.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
One person was killed in a crash involving a car and a motorcycle off of state Highway 4 in Concord Thursday morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
Police are investigating a fatal, high-speed crash that caused a power outage in Richmond on Tuesday night.
Two people were killed and three others seriously injured in a single-vehicle car crash early Sunday near Mills College in Oakland, authorities said.
The male victim of a hit and run collision early Saturday morning in San Francisco’s Mission District has died from his injuries Saturday afternoon, a police spokesman said.
Crews recovered the body of a pilot along with his plane's fuselage Wednesday, days after the aircraft crashed into San Francisco Bay following a collision with another small plane that managed to land safely.
The two people killed early Saturday morning in a crash off of U.S.
A man walking near San Francisco's Stern Grove was critically injured when he was struck by a vehicle this morning, according to a fire official.
A car struck a 12-year-old boy Tuesday night when he entered a road in Pacifica between two parked cars, police said Wednesday.
The collision was reported at 9:33 p.m. in the 400 block of Monterey Road.
Two men were killed early Monday in Sonoma County when a Honda Civic broadsided a power pole, apparently after the driver fell asleep, authorities said.
A man who drove into a San Francisco Municipal Railway bus stop and seriously injured a woman in The City's Mission Terrace neighborhood Friday night was allegedly under the influence, a police spokesman said today.
Alcohol may have been a factor in a crash on Almaden Expressway Thursday that sent two drivers to the hospital and closed a stretch of Almaden Expressway just south of Highway 85 as the morning commute was getting underway, San Jose police said.
One person was killed and one injured Wednesday evening when a sailboat taking part in a race near Redwood City collided with a channel marker buoy, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said.