Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Information and resources about Denton motorcycle accidents
Texas and Denton have one of the leading number of motorcycle accidents and fatalities in the nation
As reported by the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2016 there were 497 fatal motorcycle crashes across the state, and 5,290 injury motorcycle crashes statewide.
What are some causes of the high number of Denton motorcycle injuries and fatalities?
The climate of Denton makes it a perfect place for motorcycling year round. Whereas other regions have weather patterns that discourage motorcycling, the residents of Denton enjoy more opportunities to ride motorcycles, and with these opportunities comes an increased risk of accidents and injuries. And since motorcycles get better gas mileage than most passenger vehicles, more and more Texans are turning to motorcycles as the main form of transportation.
Some other causes Denton motorcycle accidents and injuries include:
- Drivers simply don’t see the motorcycle or misjudge how close it is and how fast it’s traveling.
- The small size of motorcycles compared to other vehicles on the road means they can appear to be farther away than they are, and it’s easy to misjudge their speed.
- The combination of congested roadways, distracted driving, and the difficulty of seeing motorcycles in traffic contributes to crashes.
- Speeding and the lack of training for motorcycle riders are also the leading causes of crashes.
What is being done to improve motorcycle safety in Denton?
A rise in the number of motorcycle deaths in Texas last year inspired the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to kick off the new “Share the Road: Look Twice for Motorcycles” awareness campaign. This campaign urges drivers to:
- Look twice for motorcycles, especially at intersections.
- Use your turn signals.
- Don’t follow a motorcycle too closely.
- Check your mirrors before changing lanes.
- Always assume motorcycles are closer than they appear to be.
- Give motorcyclists a full lane.
Where can a motorcyclist get safety training in Denton?
After a serious or fatal motorcycle accident, get information from Denton first responders
When someone has been injured or killed in a motorcycle collision, the first responders from the Denton Police Department and the Denton Fire and Rescue Department will publish a report detailing the incident. Contact them to request a copy of the collision report.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle collision, you will need a great Denton accident attorney to help
No matter how much we improve safety for motorcyclists around Denton, motorcycle accidents will continue to happen. When a less serious crash happens, often someone can manage the insurance claim without help. When a serious injury motorcycle accident happens, or when a fatality occurs, it is crucial to get help from an experienced Denton motorcycle accident lawyer. A good personal injury attorney will be able to answer questions about an insurance claim, and provide information about an injured motorcyclist's rights and options.
Most recent accident reports
- Page 1
- next ›