So, take a minute to learn about these dangerous types of traffic collisions, and what you can do to minimize your chance of involvement in each.
Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Dallas rose to prominence because of its historical importance to the oil and cottown industries. In modern times, the city's economy is primarily based on banking, commerce, telecommunications, computer technology, energy, healthcare and medical research, and transportation and logistics, with a 2013 real GDP of $448 billion. The Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area has a population of 6.9 million and is only expected to grow.
Fort Worth is Fort Worth is the 17th-largest city in the United States and the fifth-largest city in the state of Texas. The city is located in North Central Texas and covers nearly 350 square miles in Tarrant, Denton, Parker, and Wise counties—serving as the seat for Tarrant County. According to the 2013 census estimates, Fort Worth has a population of 792,727. The city is the second-largest in the Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan area.
Major Roadways in Dallas and Fort Worth
- Interstate 20 is an east-west highway that passes through central Texas. The interstate runs from Florence, South Carolina to Kent, Texas.
- Interstate 30 runs through Dallas and Fort Worth on its way to Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Interstate 45 is a major road that connects Dallas and Houston.
- U.S. Route 67 is a 1, 560-mile long north-south highway that begins in Presidio, Texas at the Mexican Border and ends in Sabula, Iowa. It passes through Dallas.
- U.S. Route 75 begins in Dallas and travels north to the Oklahoma state line, where it continues north to the Canadian border in Minnesota.
- The Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority (DART) operates buses, light rail, commuter rail, and high-occupancy vehicle lanes in Dallas and 12 of its suburbs.
- Dallas has the seventh-busiest light rail system in the country, with approximately 55 stations on 72 miles of light rail.
- Dallas is served by two commercial airports: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field, offering services to over 200 destinations both domestic and international.
- Dallas Executive Airport and Addison Airport serve as general aviation airports in the area.
Resources and Outreach Organizations in Dallas
- CyclingSavvy: Dallas
- Bike Friendly Dallas
- Green Dallas: Bike Safety
- Injury Prevention Center of Greater Dallas
- Dallas Pedestrian Network
Go here to learn more about recent Dallas and Fort Worth accidents including:
What to do after a serious injury accident in Dallas or Fort Worth
When someone has been injured in a motor-vehicle collision in Dallas or Fort Worth, the accident victim and their family members are left with medical bills, lost income, and other costs. When someone is killed due to the negligence of another person or company, a wrongful death claim needs to be launched. It is important to get legal assistance to help the accident victim recover, or when the accident is fatal, to help the family members get fully compensated for their losses. Learn more about how Dallas personal injury attorneys will help injured victims and families.
Legal Data Center
Accident reports by county
You can usually get more compensation from your car accident claim if you can show the at-fault driver acted with “gross negligence.”
Regardless of what the police do or don’t do, get the medical attention you need. It’s essential to winning and maximizing the value of your claim.
So, how do you make the call? When should you pick up the phone and call a personal injury lawyer?
You call the police and wait quite some time. No one shows. It appears as though they’ll never come. What do you do if it looks as though the police won’t come at all?
How could it cause issues with a car accident lawsuit if you have one? No one knows for sure because we’re going through a completely new situation here.
I was very patient while negotiating the case and that played a large role in the result we were able to obtain on behalf of a truly deserving client.
We do not immediately recommend litigation (where attorney fees and case expenses increase) like some injury law firms and this case is the perfect example why.