Need Legal Help Now?
Houston, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Named after Sam Houston, president of the former Republic of Texas, Houston is the most populous city in Texas with a census-estimated 2014 population of 2.239 million people. Houston's economy has a broad industrial base in energy, manufacturing, aeronautics, and transportation, as well as leading in health care sectors and building oilfield equipment. Houston is also home to NASA's Johnson Space Center, where the famous Mission Control is located.
Major Roadways in Houston
There are over 700 miles of freeways and expressways in the Houston metropolitan area, so its no wonder that the majority of Houston's residents drive to work! Houston is rated number four in the country for worst congestion, and more freeways are proposed or in the process of being built to help improve the situation. Here are some of the major roadways in Houston.
- Interstate 610 forms a 38-mile loop around the downtown sector of Houston. It is one of three beltways that divide the city, Interstate 610 being the inner most one.
- Beltway 8 / Sam Houston Parkway is a state highway that runs an 83-mile ring around the Houston area. It is contained entirely within Harris County.
- State Highway 99 / Grand Parkway is Houston's outer beltway, and will be the longest beltway in the U.S. once it is complete. It is composed of 11 segments, 3 of which are completed.
Other Transportation in Houston
- Buses, lift vans, and a light rail line are available in downtown Houston.
- Amtrak provides service three times a week to Houston, stopping at a train station on the north side of the downtown area.
- Houston has more cyclists than any other city in Texas, with 160 miles of bikeways dedicated to them.
- Houston has three airports: George Bush Intercontinental Airport, which is the tenth busiest airport in the U.S., William P. Hobby Airport, a smaller airport directed more towards domestic and commercial flights, and Ellington Airport, which is primarily used by government and military planes.
Major Hospitals and Medical Centers
If you are searching for someone who was injured in an accident in Houston, there is a good chance they were taken to one of the following locations for medical treatment.
Resources and outreach organizations in Houston
Go here to read about recent accidents in Houston:
Where to find legal assistance after a Houston injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Houston personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Houston wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Houston car accident lawyer can do to help.
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
A pedestrian died early Tuesday morning in a hit-and-run traffic wreck in west Houston.
The incident happened about 2 a.m. at 8500 Richmond near Dunvale, according to the Houston Police Department.
New details have been released after a 26-year-old man died and another person was seriously hurt early Tuesday morning when a sports utility vehicle slammed into a pole in southeast Houston.
A Houston man was killed in a two-vehicle accident on the outbound Katy Freeway.
The incident was reported around 9:30 a.m. Monday, according to Houston TranStar.
Authorities have identified a 14-year-old girl who was killed Monday night in a hit-and-run collision when she dashed in to a darkened, rain-slick roadway in northwest Harris County.
A small plane crashed in Spring Sunday.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, the plane crashed on Boudreax Road and Gleannloch Forest Drive.
There were three people on board the plane when it crashed.
Charges have been filed against the suspected drunken driver involved in a fatal crash on Highway 288.
A worker attempting to repair an underground cable has reportedly died overnight in a Brazoria County trench collapse.
The accident happened about 9:15 p.m. Feb. 7 near Almeda School Road and Croix.
A violent crash left two people dead and shut down part of FM 1960 for hours Friday morning.
The crash closed all lanes of FM 1960 near the intersection of Wortham Boulevard through the morning rush hour.
All inbound lanes of the North Freeway have reopened at Airtex Boulevard after a three-vehicle accident.
The accident was reported around 7 a.m. Wednesday, according to Houston TranStar.
Police said a woman is dead and a man is facing charges after a drunk driving crash in southwest Houston.
It happened at around 8 p.m. Sunday in the 9800 block of South Kirkwood.