Need Legal Help Now?
Gainesville, FL - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Gainesville is the largest city in north-central Florida and is home to the University of Florida and Santa Fe College. College students make up a significant portion of the population, and college reated events are important to the community. Because of its inland location, Gainesville experiences wide temperature fluctuation, with temperatures averaging in the low 70s at night and in the 90s during the day. Gaiensville has even been known to experience sustained freezes every few years. Gatorade was invented in Gainesville in the 1960s as a drink for the UF sports team, though their headquarters has since been moved to Chicago.
- Interstate 75 is a north-south highway that travels from the Ontario border to southern Florida. I-75 serves as a primary route through all of Florida, running 471 miles and connecting Ocala, Gainesville, and Fort Myers.
- State Road 24 passes through Gainesville, connecting it to the southwestern coast.
- State Road 26 is an east-west route that runs through north central Florida.
- The Amtrak Silver Service route provides passenger rail all along the eastern coast of the United States, from New York to Tampa and stopping in Gainesville along the way.
- The Gainesville Regional Transit System provides over 37 bus routes in Gainesville and its surrounding areas.
- In the northern end of the city is the Gainesville Regional Airport, which provides daily flights to Miami, Atlanta, Orlando, and Charlotte.
Gainesville Accidents by Type
- Gainesville car accidents
- Gainesville pedestrian accidents
- Gainesville motorcycle accidents
- Gainesville bicycle accidents
- Gainesville commercial truck accidents
- Other types of Gainesville accidents
Other Safety Resources and Grief Support
- Gainesville P.D. Pedestrian Saftey Brochure
- Gainesville Cycling Club Riding and Safety Tips
- City of Gainesville Bicycle/Pedestrian Program
- Griefnet.org Online Grief Support