Need Legal Help Now?
Lexington, KY - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Lexington - Heartland of American music and horse racing capital
Lexington is the second-largest city in Kentucky and the 61st largest in the United States anchoring a metropolitan area of 489,435 people and a combined statistical area of 708,677 people. Lexington ranks tenth among US cities in college education rate, with 39.5% of residents having at least a bachelor's degree. It is the location of the Kentucky Horse Park, The Red Mile and Keeneland race courses, as well as Rupp Arena, the world's largest basketball-specific arena. Lexington faces the challege of balancing the rural roots that give the city its character with a growing population.
Lexington major roadways
Major roadways in and around Lexington include:
- Interstate 64 and Interstate 75 are directly accessible on the northeast border of Lexington, but the freeways do not run through downtown.
- New Circle Road / Kentucky Route 4 is a state highway that serves as an inner beltway around Lexington. The state designates the start and finish of the road at its interchange with Nicholasville Road on the city's south side.
- Man o' War Boulevard is a 17-mile urban arterial named after the racehorse Man o' War circling Lexington to its south. Its western terminus is at US 60 Versailles Road at Keeneland Race Course's main entrance, from which the highway heads southeast, intersecting with US 68 (Harrodsburg Road), US 27 (Nicholasville Road), and other roads.
Other Transportation in Lexington
- The primary commercial airport in Lexington is Blue Grass Airport. Allegiant Air, American Eagle, Delta Air Lines, United Express, and US Airways Express all provide service to and from Lexington through this airport.
- Lexington has a bus system run by LexTran that provides service all over the city.
Major Hospitals and Medical Centers
If you know someone who has been injured in an accident and are trying to get information about their condition, here are links to the major hospitals and medical centers around Lexington.
Outreach Programs and Resources in Lexington
Search Lexington accidents by type
Information on the most recent accidents in Lexington can be sorted by the types of vehicles involved. Click the links below to learn about specific accident types.
- Lexington Car Accidents
- Lexington Truck Accidents
- Lexington Motorcycle Accident
- Lexington Train Accidents
- Lexington Pedestrian Accidents
- Lexington Bicycle Accidents
When someone is injured in an accident in Lexington, it is important to gather information about what happens next.
Being injured in a serious accident is always a shocking and scary experience, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful. Accident victims are forced to deal with hospitalization, medical treatments, missed work, and lost income, often while trying to manage pain and disability from their injuries. And then the insurance adjusters start circling. Find out more about accidents and what issues an injured person needs to be aware of by going to this link.