Need Legal Help Now?
Reno, NV - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Reno – Northern Nevada's largest city is a gambling and tourist mecca
Reno, located in the southern part of Washoe County near the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, has a population of near 225,000, and is a travel destination for millions more annually. Its major industry is tourism, drawing people from across the world to gamble and take in the sights and the sunny weather year round.
The major roadways in Reno include:
- Interstate 80 serves the Reno–Sparks metropolitan area, and also goes through the towns of Fernley, Lovelock, Winnemucca, Battle Mountain, Elko, Wells, and West Wendover on its way through the state.
- U.S. Route 395 clips a corner of the U.S. state of Nevada near Lake Tahoe and serves the cities of Gardnerville, Minden, Carson City and Reno.
- Interstate 580 is an Interstate Highway in northwestern Nevada. It runs concurrently with U.S. Highway 395 from Interstate 80 in Reno.
Links to recent accidents in the Reno area
Here is information on the most recent accidents in Reno and in the counties of Washoe, Carson City, Churchill, Douglas, Lyon, and Pershing:
If you are looking for information on a specific crash that happened in Reno, go to the link above for the accident type you are seeking.
If you know someone who has been injured in a Reno accident, here are links to the major hospitals in the area:
Reno drunk driving accidents are a serious issue across the region
Due to the nature of the travel and tourism industry, Reno experiences a high number of drunk-driving crashes. According to the State of Nevada Office of Traffic Safety, there were 10 fatalities from drunk-driving crashes in 2014 in Washoe County alone, and many more people were injured in DUI collisions. For information about Reno drunk-driving accident statistics or to find out about resources for victims, please see the MADD Nevada Affiliate site.
Reno grief support information for accident victims
When a loved one is killed in a motor-vehicle accident, it is often helpful for grieving family and friends to get help from a grief support organization. It can be comforting to talk with others going through a similar situation, and the road to recovering from the loss may go more smoothly.
Here are links to Reno grief support organizations:
- Solace Tree offers 15 open-ended peer support groups divided by age, type of death (illness, sudden death, homicide, suicide) and who died (parent, sibling, grandparent or friend). Since it was founded in 2004, the Solace Tree has served more than 5,500 children, teens and their families and has received national acclaim for its peer support group model for helping children and teens cope with the death of a family member.
- The United Way Bereavement Support groups are open to anyone who has had a loss rather than structured for people with particular types of losses; and focus on helping participants accept their loss, express their grief, move through the bereavement process and put their lives back together.
- Grief therapists in Reno provides a list of qualified and experienced grief counselors.
Reno legal information for accident victims
After someone has been injured or killed in a motor-vehicle crash in Reno, many decisions need to be made immediately and questions need to be answered. For example, how much of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance policy? How does PIP insurance help with medical bills immediately? What if the at-fault driver has no insurance?
Where to find legal assistance after a Reno injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Reno injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work when an injured person is getting treatment out-of-network, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Reno wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Reno injury attorney can do to help.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
- Page 1
- next ›