Need Legal Help Now?
Amarillo, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
AmarilloAmarillo is the largest city in the Texas Panhandle with a population of 190,695 at the 2010 census, and an estimated population of 236,113 in the four-county metropolitan area. Amarillo operates one of the largest meat packing areas in the U.S., and is home to Pantex, the only nuclear weapons assembly and disassembly factory in the United States. Amarillo was also once the self-proclaimed "Helium Capital of the World" for its productive helium fields.
- U.S. Route 66 was once the primary east-west highway passing through the downtown of Amarillo. It is still in use, though much of its traffic now passes through Interstate 40.
- Interstate 40 passes through the center of the city. Since its completion in 1968, it has been the primary thoroughfare in Amarillo.
- Texas State Highway Loop 335 encircles the city of Amarillo and connects to every major highway in the city. It also passes close to the Amarillo International Airport.
- The Amarillo City Transit Department operates a bus system in the city.
- Amarillo is important to the rail freight system, with 100-110 trains passing through the area each day. However, the city has no passenger rail service.
- There are three airports in the city: the Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport, the Tradewind Airport, and the Buffalo Airport.
Main hospital in Amarillo:Northwest Texas Healthcare System.
What to do after a serious accident in AmarilloIf you or a loved one has been hurt or killed in a motor vehicle accident in Amarillo, it is essential to get legal assistance to cover the medical bills, lost income, and other costs that arise. A Texas personal injury attorney will make sure that you and your family are compensated so that you can begin rebuilding your life.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
A 10-year-old girl died after falling from an oil field pump jack at about 6 p.m. Saturday. According to Hutchinson County sheriff's Capt. Jerry Langwell, the accident occurred near a residence northeast of Borger.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says a Chevrolet Tahoe carrying the three Arizona residents was driving too fast for road conditions, which included about 4 inches of snow, and spun into oncoming traffic, striking a 2012 Buick, kil
Five people, including four members of a New Mexico family, have died in a late-night crash on a rural road in the Texas Panhandle.
Richard Stone, 26, and his passenger, 23-year-old Ashley Margaret Meagher were killed after being ejected from the vehicle they were riding in during a rollover accident on a Texas Panhandle highway.
- Page 1
- next ›