Need Legal Help Now?
Austin, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Austin is the capital of the state of Texas and the second largest state capital after Phoenix, Arizona. The Austin-Round Rock metropolitan area has an estimated population of 1,883,051 as of July 1, 2013. Austin is known for being a center for live music, as well as a center for government and education in Texas.
Major Roadways in Austin
- Interstate 35 is a major north-south highway that passes through Austin. It enters the state and passes through Dallas, travels south through Austin and San Antonio, and ends at Laredo near the Mexican border.
- U.S. Route 183 travels from Refugio, Texas to Presho, South Dakota. Austin is the largest city it passes through.
- U.S. Route 290 is an east-west highway that travels from Harper to the northwest side of Houston.
- Texas State Highway 71 / Ben White Boulevard runs 253 miles from Brady to Blessing, passing through Austin on the way.
- Texas State Highway 130 / Pickle Parkway is a highway from Interstate 35 in San Antonio along Interstate 410 and Interstate 10 to east of Seguin, and then travels north as tollway from there to Interstate 35 north of Georgetown.
- Texas State Highway 45 forms a loop around Austin, existing in two open segments.
- There are two airports in the city: the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, and the Austin Executive Airport.
- Austin is considered the most bike friendly city in Texas, and has over 80 miles of bike lanes. Visit BikeAustin.org, an organization dedicated to improving quality of life for all of Austin and Central Texas by growing bicycling as a form of transportation, exercise, and recreation.
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority provides public transit in the city, offering many bus routes as well as a commuter rail system.
- There are several intercity bus lines available. Greyhound Lines and Megabus offer routes to many major cities, and Turimex Internacional offers transportation from Austin to many cities in Mexico.
Resources and outreach organizations:
Go here to learn more about recent Austin accidents:
- Austin car accidents;
- Austin aircraft accidents;
- Austin pedestrian accidents;
- Austin bicycle accidents;
- Austin motorcycle accidents.
Major hospitals in the Austin area:
Grief support groups in Austin:
My Healing Place is a non-profit organization focused on grief and trauma with the mission to assist children and adults as they move from loss to a full life through therapy, support, education, training and consultation. The Christi Center offers hope after the death of a loved one by providing support networks, community education and therapeutic activities that are free, peer-based, and ongoing. It was founded by Susan and Don Cox in 1987 after their daughter, Christi, was killed by a hit-and-run drunk driver. Directory of Austin grief support organizations.
Where to find legal assistance after an Austin injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial tco get help from an Austin personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work when an injured person is out-of-network, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, an Austin wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what an Austin accident lawyer can do to help.
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.