Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Beaumont-Port Arthur Metropolitan Area
The cities of Beaumont and Port Arthur are located in the far southeastern coast of the state, in an area referred to as the "Golden Triangle" because of the traingular shape the area's many oil refineries form. The area is one of the largest in the country for the refinement of petro-chemicals, and is the home of Spindletop, the first major oil field and one of the largest in American history.
Major Roadways in Beaumont and Port Arthur
- Interstate 10 passes through Beaumont on its way to Louisiana. Interstate 10 is the southernmost transcontinental highway in the U.S., traveling from Santa Monica, California to Jacksonville, Florida.
- U.S. Route 69 is a Minnesota to Texas cross country route that ends in Port Arthur.
- U.S. Route 90 spans almost the entire width of the state of Texas, with the far west end being in Van Horn, and exiting the state near Beaumont.
- U.S. Route 96 is a north-south route that travels for 133 miles within the state of Texas. The northern end of the route is in Tenaha, and the southern end is in Port Arthur.
- U.S. Route 287 begins in Port Arthur and travels northwest to Amarillo. The route is 1,791 miles long and it ends in Choteau, Montana.
Other Transportation options in Beaumont and Port Arthur
- A bus system is available for transportation all over the city operated by Beaumont Municipal Transit.
- The Jack Brooks Regional Airport is located nine miles outisde of Beaumont and is used for general aviation.
- Amtrak's Sunset Limited stops in Beaumont's train station.
- Groundshuttle offers a shuttle bus to Houston Hobby Airport and George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Choose the link below to learn about recent Beaumont and Port Arthur accidents:
Major Beaumont and Port Arthur hospitals:
- Christus Hospital in Beaumont;
- Baptist Hospitals of Southern Texas;
- Harbor Hospital;
- Christus Dubuis Health System;
- Medical Center of Southeast Texas;
- Christus Hospital in Port Arthur.
Grief support groups in Beaumont and Port Arthur:
Where to find legal assistance after a Beaumont or Port Arthur injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Beaumont-Port Arthur personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Beaumont-Port Arthur wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Beaumont-Port Arthur car accident lawyer can do to help.
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.