Need Legal Help Now?
Laredo, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Laredo is located on the north bank of the Rio Grande in South Texas, across from Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. The city's economy is based on international trade with Mexico, and many major transportation companies have facilities in Laredo. Laredo is the largest inland port on the United States-Mexican Border, and boasts four international bridges.
Major Roadways in Laredo
Many major roadways begin and end in Laredo because of its position on the International border. Here are details about a few on the American side.
- Interstate 35 is a north-south highway that begins in Laredo and stretches all the way to Duluth, Minnesota.
- U.S. Route 59 is a north-south border to border route, stretching from Laredo to the Canadian border north of Lancaster, Minnesota.
- U.S. Route 83 begins runs from Westhope, North Dakota to Brownsville, Texas, running in between the Canadian and Mexican borders and passing through Laredo on the way.
- Texas State Highway Loop 20, also known as the Bob Bullock Loop and Cuatro Vientos Road, loops around the north and east sides of the city of Laredo, connecting with the World Trade International Bridge.
Other Transportation in Laredo
- Laredo is served by the Laredo International Airport, which has three commercial airlines running flights to Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Las Vegas, and Orlando.
- Public transit in the city is managed by El Metro Transit, which operates 21 fixed route bus lines in the area.
Go here to learn about recent accidents in Laredo, including:
Major hospitals in Laredo:
What to do after a serious injury accident in Laredo
Legal Data Center
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Clients who have been injured in a car collision are often times candidates for ESI procedures due to the severity of the impact or damage to the spine. As a result of a severe impact, a person can develop a herniated disc.
An attorney cannot pay money for a case and should not. Attorneys can refer cases to another attorney and those attorneys can split attorney’s fees. Since, in this case, both parties are attorneys, the attorneys are allowed to structure an agreement to split the fee.
Newsweek, a premier news magazine that has been bringing high-quality journalism to readers around the globe for over 80 years, featured Herrman & Herrman, P.L.L.C. as one of the best personal injury attorneys of 2016.
A civil suit for drunk driving is a separate procedure from any criminal actions a drunk driver may face. Criminal proceedings are designed to protect the community from upcoming injury by acting as a deterrent to drunk driving, as well as to discipline the drunk driver for acting in an irresponsible manner.
While bicyclists have the same rights as drivers in the state of Texas, they also have the same responsibilities. Whether you are enjoying a leisurely ride or your are commuting to and from work in rush hour, knowing the rules is necessary to stay safe on the road.
So, while a total of 14 separate states – as well as the District of Columbia – have passed legislation banning the use of hand-held cellular phones, those who have studied the issue suggest that the bans may not have the desired impact.
Walk to School Day was created to raise awareness for walkable communities. Interest from around the world began in 2000 after Canada, the United Kingdom and the Unites States of America joined together for the first International Walk to School Day.
After all, there are few things more frightening than being in a vehicle on the open highway, and suddenly coming into close proximity with a large truck operated by a fatigued driver. And that, of course, brings us back to our initial question: is there anything you can do to help prevent that driver from causing an accident?