91-year-old man achieves bucket list dream of smashing through garage door with SUV

This is my favorite story ever! 91-year-old Walter Thomas of Woodstock, Illinois has always had a dream: to back out of a closed garage door. Thomas himself explained, "Every time I back out of the garage, I think about backing through the door." Imagine the satisfaction! As someone who loves popping bubble wrap and has conducted what we'll call "therapy sessions" that consisted of smashing plates on a sidewalk, I totally get it.  So, on Sunday, Thomas' (clearly awesome) family made that dream a reality. Apparently his granddaughter had heard him mentioning his somewhat peculiar dream, and she didn't waste any time setting plans in motion. A family member was planning a renovation that included tearing down their garage, so they offered it up for the cause. Then, a local autobody shop donated an SUV, and it all fell into place.  This video is honestly the best thing to happen to me all week. Watch as Walter Thomas blasts through the garage door in magnificent, motorcycle-helmeted fashion, grinning ear to ear as his family cheers. It's a excellent reminder to follow your dreams, as long as you have permission to do the mildly destructive ones.      

Add new comment

To prevent automated s-p-a-m submissions leave this field empty.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
3 + 10 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.