Georgia Featured Articles
- Was the negligent driver in your car accident killed? You might be eligible for compensation from the deceased driver's estate. Learn how to recover compensation from a deceased drivers insurance and estate.
- Georgia is a comparative negligence state. This can mean that both drivers can potentially be responsible for an accident. Learn more about what is comparative negligence, and how it impacts accident compensation.
- Were many vehicles involved in the car accident? This can result in many questions on who is responsible for the accident. Learn how multi-car-pileup accidents work.
- Did your accident involve an out-of-state driver? These injury accidents can come with confusion on how car accident legal claims work when a driver is from another state. Learn accident legal claims work when they are involving an out-of-state driver.
- Have you received a check from the auto insurance company that you’re not satisfied with the amount? Are you not confident if you should cash the check? Learn what you should do with an immediate check that comes from an auto insurance company.
- With medical bills coming due, and car accident expenses taking a toll on your finances, you might be wondering how long it takes to get compensated after an accident. Check out how long it should take to be compensated from an auto accident.
Six people killed in van crash on I-85 near Suwanee, Georgia
Information at the scene led police to believe another vehicle may have been involved. Witnesses were asked to call the police department’s accident investigation tip line with any information.
Police in Georgia say a van carrying 16 people crashed onto its side and was engulfed in flames on an interstate, killing at least six people and injuring 10.
'She was the best we'd seen her in such a long time.' Family remembers loved one killed in fiery I-85 crash
Whitfield's mother, Shirley Marple, said her daughter was excited about starting a new chapter in her life.
Ashleigh Paris, 26, was one of at least six people killed and 10 others were injured when the passenger van they were in rolled over, causing a crash on I-85 near the I-985 split Saturday.
Police released the following names of the six who died: Alishia Carroll, 34, from Columbus Kristie Whitfield, 44, from Mount Airy Ashleigh Paris, 26, from Kennesaw Tina Rice, 53, from Atlanta Normisha Monroe, 38, from Norcross Rose Patrick, 34, from Ellabell
Police are seeking more information from anyone who witnessed the crash, which happened on Interstate 85 about 35 miles (56 kilometers) northeast of downtown Atlanta.
Investigators believe that Manire made a reckless change of lanes from I-85 to I-985 which caused the van she was driving to flip on its side.