Need Legal Help Now?
Complete Ohio accident reports and news.
Accident reports by area
The state of Ohio – The Buckeye State known as the birthplace of U.S. presidents and of modern aviation
Ohio is a midwestern state stretching from Appalachian Country in the south to Lake Erie in the north. Ohio is the 34th largest by area, the 7th most populous, and the 10th most densely populated of the 50 United States.
On the shores of Lake Erie is Cleveland, site of the Cleveland Museum of Art and its renowned collection of masterpieces. Cleveland is also home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, and Cuyahoga National Park.
The city of Cincinnati is a sports mecca and home to the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals, and Cyclones.
The city of Columbus is the capital and largest city of the U.S. state of Ohio. It is the 15th largest city in the United States, with a population of 835,957. Columbus is a port of entry and a major commercial, distribution, and cultural center. It is the seat of Ohio State University.
To accommodate Ohio residents and visitors alike, the major roadways are in heavy usage:
- Interstate 70: Interstate 70 provides access between Indiana and West Virginia. Along its path through Ohio, I-70 passes through the following counties: Preble, Montgomery, Clark, Madison, Franklin, Fairfield, Licking, Muskingum, Guernsey, and Belmont.
- Interstate 71: Interstate 71 is an Interstate Highway in the Great Lakes/Midwestern and Southeastern region of the United States. Its southern terminus is at an interchange with Interstate 64 and Interstate 65 (the Kennedy Interchange) in Louisville, Kentucky. Its northern terminus is at an interchange with Interstate 90 in Cleveland.
- Interstate 74 runs southeast from the Indiana border to the western segment's current eastern terminus at Interstate 75 just north of downtown Cincinnati.
- Interstate 75 (I-75) runs from Cincinnati to Toledo by way of Dayton in the U.S. state of Ohio.
- Interstate 76 (I-76) runs for 82 miles (132 km) from Interstate 71 south of Cleveland to the Pennsylvania state line south of Youngstown.
The Ohio DOT provides a high-quality site with road conditions, maps, videos, and traffic cameras.
The climate of Ohio contributes to the many accidents across the state
Because Ohio is located between 38 and 42 degrees north latitude, at low elevations, in the eastern interior of North America, and south of Lake Erie, Ohioans experience four distinct seasons, large seasonal temperature ranges, and frequent precipitation. Counties near Lake Erie record heavier snowfall than other parts of the state, averaging fifteen inches more than in southern Ohio. Proximity to the lake also prevents spring frosts, extending the growing season. The hills of southeastern Ohio affect the weather in that region, where frosts in spring and fall shorten the growing season. Average temperatures for January in Ohio are less than 32°F. In July, average temperatures exceed 75°F.
In Accident Data Center, our data about accidents in the Ohio area is divided into the following regions:
Legal information for accident victims in Ohio
After someone has been injured or killed in a motor-vehicle crash in Ohio, many decisions need to be made immediately and questions need to be answered. For example, how much of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance policy? How can an injured person get help with medical bills immediately? What if the at-fault driver has no insurance?
Where to find legal assistance after an Ohio injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from an Ohio injury attorney who understands the legal standards and practices, who knows how insurance policies function, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed due to the negligence of someone else, a wrongful death lawyer can launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind.
Legal and Other Resources and Information
Most recent accident reports
HAMILTON, Ohio (WDTN) - A 6-year-old boy is dead after being hit by a car Tuesday evening.