Georgia Featured Articles
- Was the negligent driver in your car accident killed? You might be eligible for compensation from the deceased driver's estate. Learn how to recover compensation from a deceased drivers insurance and estate.
- Georgia is a comparative negligence state. This can mean that both drivers can potentially be responsible for an accident. Learn more about what is comparative negligence, and how it impacts accident compensation.
- Were many vehicles involved in the car accident? This can result in many questions on who is responsible for the accident. Learn how multi-car-pileup accidents work.
- Did your accident involve an out-of-state driver? These injury accidents can come with confusion on how car accident legal claims work when a driver is from another state. Learn accident legal claims work when they are involving an out-of-state driver.
- Have you received a check from the auto insurance company that you’re not satisfied with the amount? Are you not confident if you should cash the check? Learn what you should do with an immediate check that comes from an auto insurance company.
- With medical bills coming due, and car accident expenses taking a toll on your finances, you might be wondering how long it takes to get compensated after an accident. Check out how long it should take to be compensated from an auto accident.
Savannah, GA - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Savannah - The oldest city in Georgia, renowned for its cobblestone streets, gorgeous parks, and notable historic buildings
Savannah is the oldest city in the state of Georgia and is the county seat of Chatham County. Established in 1733, the city of Savannah became the British colonial capital of the Province of Georgia, and later the first state capital of Georgia. A strategic port city in the American Revolution and during the American Civil War, Savannah is today an industrial center and an important Atlantic seaport. It is Georgia's fifth-largest city.
Savannah's main industries include tourism, defense, aerospace, and healthcare.
Major highways around the Savannah region
Interstate 95 — Runs north-south just west of the city; provides access to Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport and intersects with Interstate 16.
Interstate 16 — Terminates in downtown Savannah at Liberty and Montgomery streets, and intersects with Interstate 95 and Interstate 516.
Interstate 516 — An urban perimeter highway connecting southside Savannah, at DeRenne Avenue, with the industrialized port area of the city to the north; intersects with the Veterans Parkway and Interstate 16 as well.
U.S. Route 80 (Victory Drive) — Runs east-west through midtown Savannah and connects the city with the town of Thunderbolt and the islands of Whitemarsh, Talahi, Wilmington and Tybee.
U.S. Route 17 (Ocean Highway) — Runs north-south from Richmond Hill, through southside Savannah, into Garden City, back into west Savannah with a spur onto I-516, then I-16, and finally continuing over the Talmadge Memorial Bridge into South Carolina.
State Route 204 (Abercorn Expressway) — An extension of Abercorn Street that begins at 37th Street in midtown (which is its northern point) and terminates at Rio Road and the Forest River at its southern point, and serves as the primary traffic and commercial artery linking downtown, midtown and southside sections of the city.
Harry S. Truman Parkway — Runs through eastside Savannah, connecting the east end of downtown with southside neighborhoods.
All types of accidents in Savannah
If you are looking for information on a specific accident in Savannah, please check the links below:
- Savannah commercial trucking accidents
- Savannah car accidents
- Savannah aircraft accidents
- Savannah motorcycle accidents
- Savannah pedestrian accidents
- Savannah boating accidents
- Savannah bicycle accidents
Searching for an injured friend or relative? Here are the main local hospitals:
After a fatal accident, loved ones can get help to deal with grief and loss. Go here to learn more about Savannah grief support groups.
Where to find legal assistance after you or a loved one are involved in a Savannah accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Savannah personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work when an injured person is out-of-network, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Savannah wrongful-death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Savannah personal injury attorney can do to help.