Need Legal Help Now?
San Antonio, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
San Antonio is the 7th most populated city in the U.S. and the second most populated city in the state of Texas. The Greater San Antonio metropolitan area has a population of over 2.27 million. San Antonio is the home of the famous San Antonio Spurs basketball team. The Annual San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo is hosted in the city as well, which is one of the largest livestock shows in the country.
- Interstate 10 is referred to as the McDermott Freeway when heading northwest to El Paso, Phoenix, and Los Angeles, and Jose Lopez freeway where it heads east to Seguin, Houston, and New Orleans.
- Interstate 35, or the Pan Am Expressway, runs south to Loredo and north to Austin.
- Interstate 37, or the Lucian Adams Freeway, runs southeast towards Corpus Christi.
- Interstate 410, or Connally Loop, is a 53-mile inner beltway around the city.
- U.S. Route 90, or the Cleto Rodriguez Freeway, goes west to Uvalde, Del Rio, and Van Horn.
- U.S. Route 281, or the McAllister Freeway, travels north to Johnson City and Wichita Falls, and south to Pleasanton.
- State Highway 151, or the Stotzer Freeway, runs through Westover Hills and provides access to SeaWorld.
- State Highway Loop 1604 is a 96-mile outer beltway that encircles San Antonio.
- San Antonio has 136 miles of bike lanes, paths, and routes for cyclists.
- VIA Metropolitan Transit offers bus transportation within the city, with 89 regular bus routes and two street car routes.
- Amtrak provides service to the San Antonio Amtrak Station, where both the Texas Eagle and Sunset Limited Routes pass through.
- San Antonio is home to two airports: San Antonio International Airport, which is the 6th busiest in Texas, and Stinson Municipal Airport, which is owned by the city and functions as a reliever airport.
Go here to learn more about San Antonio accidents including:
- San Antonio aircraft accidents;
- San Antonio pedestrian accidents;
- San Antonio car accidents;
- San Antonio bicycle accidents;
- San Antonio truck accidents;
- San Antonio train accidents;
- San Antonio drunk driving accidents;
- San Antonio bus accidents;
- San Antonio motorcycle accidents.
Major hospitals in San Antonio:
Where to find legal assistance after a San Antonio injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a San Antonio personal injury lawyer who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows the issues related to insurance policies, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a San Antonio wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a San Antonio accident attorney can do to help.
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
A San Antonio man died last weekend in a wreck on U.S. 87 outside Comfort in Kendall County, the Department of Public Safety reported Wednesday.
An Arlington teen was struck and killed by a sport utility vehicle early Saturday after she fell or jumped from the SUV, police said.
A Cessna 305 reportedly crashed on a private air park near Fredericksburg, Texas, around 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
Two fire trucks collided Monday morning while responding to a fire on the West Side and two firefighters were taken to the hospital.
Authorities are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash that happened just after midnight Thursday on the far west side of San Antonio.
One person died and another was in critical condition after a rollover crash early Wednesday on Interstate 10 in East Bexar County.
A motorcycle patrolman with the Bexar County Sheriff's Office was injured Monday in a crash on the western border between San Antonio and unincorporated Bexar County.
A man was struck by a white sedan while trying to cross I-10 near the Colorado Street exit downtown, according to a spokeswoman with Texas Department of Transportation.
A woman died Thursday afternoon after her car collided with a truck on the Southwest Side.
A woman, 46, sustained life-threatening injuries when a Miata convertible she was riding in was T-boned by a Chevrolet Tahoe at 9 a.m. at the intersection of U.S. 281 and TPC Parkway.
A 17-year-old boy is in critical condition at a San Antonio, Tex., hospital after he was struck by an 18-wheeler and dragged along a road as he walked to school early Monday.
A former San Antonio police detective died Wednesday morning in a four-vehicle crash in Wilson County east of Floresville.
A man died late Tuesday after running his motorcycle off the road on the far North Side.
The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office has now identified all four people killed when the SUV they were riding in rolled over near downtown early Monday morning.