Georgia Featured Articles
- Was the negligent driver in your car accident killed? You might be eligible for compensation from the deceased driver's estate. Learn how to recover compensation from a deceased drivers insurance and estate.
- Georgia is a comparative negligence state. This can mean that both drivers can potentially be responsible for an accident. Learn more about what is comparative negligence, and how it impacts accident compensation.
- Were many vehicles involved in the car accident? This can result in many questions on who is responsible for the accident. Learn how multi-car-pileup accidents work.
- Did your accident involve an out-of-state driver? These injury accidents can come with confusion on how car accident legal claims work when a driver is from another state. Learn accident legal claims work when they are involving an out-of-state driver.
- Have you received a check from the auto insurance company that you’re not satisfied with the amount? Are you not confident if you should cash the check? Learn what you should do with an immediate check that comes from an auto insurance company.
- With medical bills coming due, and car accident expenses taking a toll on your finances, you might be wondering how long it takes to get compensated after an accident. Check out how long it should take to be compensated from an auto accident.
Monroe County Commissioner James "Jim" Ham, 55, dead following single-vehicle crash on U.S. 41 in Monroe County, Georgia
The single-car crash occurred at Woodward Road sometime between 12:30- 1 p.m., Proctor said.
The person’s identity hasn’t yet been released and Coroner Joey Proctor said at about 2:20 p.m. that he was still notifying the victim’s family.
"It's hard to say where we go from now without Jim," said Evans. "He's going to be terribly missed. He knew every inch of our almost 700 miles of road. I dare say he knew about 90 percent of the people in Monroe County."
He had served on the county commission since 1987 and had recently been re-elected for another four-year term. He chaired the commission from 1992-1996.