Wichita-Hutchinson, KS Plus - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Wichita - The largest city in Kansas and home of nearly 8,000 traffic accidents in 2013
Known fondly as the "The Air Capital of the World," Wichita is a hub of culture, media and commerce. It's home to several universitites and boasts Kansas's largest airport. The major roadways in Wichita include:
Hutchinson, the largest city and county seat in Reno County, is located on the Arkansas River. It has been home to salt mines since 1887, thus its nickname of "Salt City".
For up-to-date information about roadways and conditions, visit the Kansas Department of Transportation website. And to find out about current weather conditions in the Wichita-Hutchinson area, go to Accuweather.
Links to recent accidents in the Wichita-Hutchinson area
Here is information on the most recent accidents in Wichita:
- Wichita and Hutchinson car accidents;
- Wichita and Hutchinson commercial truck accidents;
- Wichita and Hutchinson pedestrian accidents;
- Wichita and Hutchinson aircraft accidents;
- Wichita and Hutchinson bicycle accidents;
- Wichita and Hutchinson bus accidents;
- Wichita and Hutchinson train accidents;
- Wichita and Hutchinson motorcycle accidents.
If you are looking for information on a specific crash that happened in Wichita, go to the link above for the accident type you are seeking.
Many accident victims would like a free copy of the traffic collision report which may give the following information:
- the date, time of day, and street location of the collision;
- the weather conditions at the time of the crash;
- the names and addresses of all drivers;
- the insurance company of each driver;
- a diagram detailing the crash scene;
- the name and badge number of the law enforcement officers who responded to the accident.
If you know someone who has been injured in a Wichita or Hutchinson accident, here are links to the major hospitals in the area:
- Wesley Medical Center;
- Via Christi Health;
- Children's Mercy Wichita;
- Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System.
Wichita and Hutchinson grief support information for accident victims
When a loved one is killed in a motor-vehicle accident, it is often helpful for grieving family and friends to get help from a grief support organization. It can be comforting to talk with others going through a similar situation, and the road to recovering from the loss may go more smoothly. To learn more, follow the links to Wichita grief support organizations and Hutchinson grief support groups.
Wichita legal information for accident victims
After someone has been injured or killed in a motor-vehicle crash in Wichita or Hutchinson, many decisions need to be made immediately and questions need to be answered. For example, how much of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance policy? How does PIP insurance help with medical bills immediately? What if the at-fault driver has no insurance?
Where to find legal assistance after a Wichita or Hutchinson injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Wichita injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work when an injured person is out-of-network, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Wichita wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Wichita - Hutchinson personal injury attorney can do to help.