Need Legal Help Now?
Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Beaumont-Port Arthur Metropolitan AreaThe cities of Beaumont and Port Arthur are located in the far southeastern coast of the state, in an area referred to as the "Golden Triangle" because of the traingular shape the area's many oil refineries form. The area is one of the largest in the country for the refinement of petro-chemicals, and is the home of Spindletop, the first major oil field and one of the largest in American history.
- Interstate 10 passes through Beaumont on its way to Louisiana. Interstate 10 is the southernmost transcontinental highway in the U.S., traveling from Santa Monica, California to Jacksonville, Florida.
- U.S. Route 69 is a Minnesota to Texas cross country route that ends in Port Arthur.
- U.S. Route 90 spans almost the entire width of the state of Texas, with the far west end being in Van Horn, and exiting the state near Beaumont.
- U.S. Route 96 is a north-south route that travels for 133 miles within the state of Texas. The northern end of the route is in Tenaha, and the southern end is in Port Arthur.
- U.S. Route 287 begins in Port Arthur and travels northwest to Amarillo. The route is 1,791 miles long and it ends in Choteau, Montana.
- A bus system is available for transportation all over the city operated by Beaumont Municipal Transit.
- The Jack Brooks Regional Airport is located nine miles outisde of Beaumont and is used for general aviation.
- Amtrak's Sunset Limited stops in Beaumont's train station.
- Groundshuttle offers a shuttle bus to Houston Hobby Airport and George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Major Beaumont and Port Arthur hospitals:
- Christus Hospital in Beaumont;
- Baptist Hospitals of Southern Texas;
- Harbor Hospital;
- Christus Dubuis Health System;
- Medical Center of Southeast Texas;
- Christus Hospital in Port Arthur.
Grief support groups in Beaumont and Port Arthur:GriefShare Directory of Beaumont grief support groups; Directory of Port Arthur grief support groups.
When someone is injured in an accident in Beaumont or Port Arthur, it is important to gather information about what happens next.Being injured in a serious accident is always a shocking and scary experience, and dealing with the aftermath is exhausting and stressful. Accident victims are forced to deal with hospitalization, medical treatments, missed work, and lost income, often while trying to manage pain and disability from their injuries. And then the insurance adjusters start circling. Find out more about accidents and what issues an injured person needs to be aware of by going to this link.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
A boating collision in East Texas has left two people dead and another person injured. Authorities say the collision occurred along a bend of the Angelina River in Jasper County, not far from the Louisiana line.
Ten people were taken to a Beaumont hospital after a city transit bus was involved in a collision with another vehicle and then struck a nearby home.