Complete Charlottesville city, VA accident reports and news.
Accidents in Charlottesville are a major cause of property damage, injury, and death each year
In Charlottesville, statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that traffic crashes remain a primary public safety issue. Car, truck, bicycle, pedestrian, and motorcycle accidents are all a common occurrence, despite improvements in vehicle safety features, road design, bicycle and pedestrian corridors, and traffic signs.
When an accident happens in Charlottesville, it is important to do the following immediately:
- Remain at the crash scene;
- Check on the condition of all people involved in the crash;
- Call the police;
- Exchange information with other drivers;
- Get contact information from witnesses;
- Inform your insurance company;
- Get appropriate medical treatment, and track the details;
- Take photos of vehicle damage and injuries;
- Consider hiring a personal injury attorney.
When someone is seriously injured or killed in an accident, it is important to get help from an experienced personal injury attorney. A good accident lawyer works with injured folks to get financial compensation for accidents and injuries. Speak to a personal injury attorney to learn more about:
- Charlottesville car accidents and legal resources;
- Charlottesville pedestrian accidents and legal assistance;
- Charlottesville motorcycle accidents and legal information;
- Charlottesville truck accidents;
- Charlottesville bicycle accidents and legal options;
- Charlottesville taxi and Uber/Lyft accidents and legal support;
- Charlottesville bus accidents and legal resources;
- Charlottesville boating accidents and legal information;
- Charlottesville train accidents;
- Charlottesville plane accidents;
- Charlottesville drunk driving accidents and legal options;
- Charlottesville distracted driving accidents and legal support;
- Charlottesville reckless driving accidents;
- Charlottesville hit-and-run accidents;
- Charlottesville uninsured/underinsured driver accidents;
- Charlottesville head-on accidents;
- Charlottesville partial fault accidents;
- Charlottesville wrongful death claims;
- Charlottesville spinal cord injuries;
- Charlottesville neck injuries;
- Charlottesville head, brain, and concussion injuries.
An injury attorney handles all the details so that you don't have to.
After a Charlottesville accident, there are many issues that need to be handled immediately. Dealing with doctors, repair shops, car rental companies, police, and insurance companies is overwhelming, especially when someone is seriously injured. At this point, many injured people choose to hire a personal injury attorney whose job it is to handle the details and paperwork so that you can focus on recovery.
Personal injury lawyers offer a no-cost claim evaluation to help you.
Since there is no cost to speak with a lawyer, it is a good idea to learn more about your potential claim. Accident Data Center can connect you with an experienced Charlottesville personal injury lawyer who can provide you with information about your rights and options.