Panama City, FL - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Panama City is located in the Florida Panhandle, and is the largest city between Tallahasee and Pensacola. The city was originally named Harrison, but its name was changed to Panama City because of public interest in the Panama Canal that was being built at the time. As of 2010 there were 36,484 people living in Panama City. Panama City Beach is a separate city located about 10 miles away on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, and is one of the biggest spring break locations in the United States, if not the world.
- State Road 79 is a north-south highway that serves as a popular route for tourists in the Panama City Beach area, and is a major hurricane evacuation route.
- State Road 30 stretches 14-miles near the gulf west of Panama City Beach before becoming U.S. 98 and passing through Panama City, connecting it to Perry.
- The Bay Line Railroad has an 82-mile route connecting Panama City to Dothan, Alabama.
- Bus service within the city is provided by Baytown Trolley Services. Intercity bus service is accessible at the town's Greyhound bus station.
- The Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport is a public airport 18-miles from Panama City Beach. Despite "International" being in its name, the airport is not expected to receive international flights any time soon.
Panama City Accidents, by Type:
- Panama City car accidents
- Panama City motorcycle accidents
- Panama City pedestrian accidents
- Panama City aircraft accidents
Outreach Programs and Other Safety Resources
Where to find legal assistance after a Panama City injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Panama City injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Panama City wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Panama City personal injury attorney can do to help.