Need Legal Help Now?
Chicago, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Chicago is one of the top 10 safest cities for pedestrians in the U.S., but crashes still happen
Despite efforts to reduce accidents, Chicago pedestrian crashes are still a problem
According to a 2011 study, accidents involving pedestrians dropped 22% since 2001.The study cites some other interesting facts, such as:
- The age group of 15 to 18-year-old pedestrians had the highest crash rate per population;
- From 2005 through 2009, Thursdays had the most crashes
- Older pedestrians were more likely to be struck in a crosswalk than other age groups
- On average, there were 2 hit and run crashes per day resulting in a pedestrian injury or fatality
- Hit and run crashes accounted for 40 percent of fatal crashes in Chicago
Get information here on pedestrian accidents and Chicago law enforcement
The Chicago Police Department offers information on traffic and accidents, and also provides information on filing a police report. The department is a good resource for local residents and visitors alike to get information and assistance after a pedestrian accident or injury.
Common causes of Chicago pedestrian accidents include:
- a failure by drivers to check for pedestrians in crosswalks;
- drivers failing to stop at stop signs or lights;
- texting and other driver distractions;
- drivers choosing to make turns without paying attention to their surroundings;
- driving under the influence.
When someone is injured in a Chicago area pedestrian crash, what needs to happen next?
In an injury accident, it is crucial to get appropriate medical treatment, regardless of the financial cost. The major hospitals in the area include:
- University of Chicago Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Mercy Hospital
- Swedish Covenant Hospital
As soon as possible, an injured person from out of town should contact their insurance company to find out how out-of-network treatment is covered under their insurance policy.
When an accident is serious or fatal, it is crucial to find a Chicago pedestrian accident lawyer
When an injury is serious or a death occurs, the next step is to find an experienced Chicago pedestrian accident lawyer to start the financial recovery process by launching an insurance claim. Major injury or wrongful death claims are complicated and difficult to manage. Having a Chicago personal injury attorney on board is a great relief to injured people, or to the family left behind when an accident proves fatal.
Pedestrian Accident Reports and News from the Chicago, IL Area
- Page 1
- next ›