Complete Newton County, MO accident reports and news.
Accidents in Newton County are a major cause of property damage, injury, and death each year
In Newton County, statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that traffic crashes remain a primary public safety issue. Car, truck, bicycle, pedestrian, and motorcycle accidents are all a common occurrence, despite improvements in vehicle safety features, road design, bicycle and pedestrian corridors, and traffic signs.
When an accident happens in Newton County, it is important to do the following immediately:
- Remain at the crash scene;
- Check on the condition of all people involved in the crash;
- Call the police;
- Exchange information with other drivers;
- Get contact information from witnesses;
- Inform your insurance company;
- Get appropriate medical treatment, and track the details;
- Take photos of vehicle damage and injuries;
- Consider hiring a personal injury attorney.
Many accident victims would like a free copy of the traffic collision report which may give the following information:
- the date, time of day, and street location of the collision;
- the weather conditions at the time of the crash;
- the names and addresses of all drivers;
- the insurance company of each driver;
- a diagram detailing the crash scene;
- the name and badge number of the law enforcement officers who responded to the accident.
An injury attorney handles all the details so that you don't have to.
After a Newton County accident, there are many issues that need to be handled immediately. Dealing with doctors, repair shops, car rental companies, police, and insurance companies is overwhelming, especially when someone is seriously injured. At this point, many injured people choose to hire a personal injury attorney whose job it is to handle the details and paperwork so that you can focus on recovery.
Personal injury lawyers offer a no-cost claim evaluation to help you.
Since there is no cost to speak with a lawyer, it is a good idea to learn more about your potential claim. Accident Data Center can connect you with an experienced Newton County injury lawyer who can provide you with information about your rights and options.