Need Legal Help Now?
Charlotte, NC Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Charlotte motorcycle collisions are a serious safety risk for the many riders in the region
Motorcycle accidents are a common occurrence in Charlotte. These regions popular with motorcyclists, and with so many bikes on the roads, the number of collisions is high, and motorcycle accidents are a major safety and economic issue for riders in the Charlotte area.
Get information on motorcycle crashes from the Charlotte Police Department
These departments are a good resource to get information after a motorcycle collision.
Charlotte motorcycle crashes have common causes and devastating outcomes
While helmets and anti-lock brakes make motorcycling safer, riding a motorcycle is riskier than driving a car. Maintaining control is more difficult on two wheels, and when collisions happen, motorcyclists are at greater risk of serious injury or death because they don't have an enclosed vehicle or safety belts for protection.
The statistics on motorcycle crashes and fatalities are sobering
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the federal government estimates that per mile traveled in 2012, the number of deaths on motorcycles was more than 26 times the number in cars. Motorcycle deaths accounted for 13% of all motor vehicle crash deaths in 2013.
Common causes of Charlotte motorcycle crashes include:
- Vehicles turning left: Statistically, the most dangerous situation for a motorcyclist occurs when cars are making left-hand turns. These collisions account for 42% of all crashes between motorcycles and other vehicles.
- Head-on collisions: The vast majority of motorcycle crashes with cars occur when they collide head-on. These head-on crashes result in a higher fatality rate than other types of crashes.
- Lane Splitting: Lane splitting refers to when a motorcyclist drives between two lanes of cars, usually in heavy traffic when car movement is slowed or stopped.
- Speeding and alcohol impairment: Statistically, approximately half of single-vehicle motorcycle crashes have speeding and alcohol use as factors.
- Crashes between motorcycles and stationary objects: Motorcyclists crashing with fixed objects result in 25% of motorcyclist deaths.
- Road hazards: Hazards such as potholes, icy conditions, uneven lanes, and debris in the road pose significant danger to motorcyclists.
When someone is injured in a Charlotte motorcycle accident, what needs to happen next?
In an injury accident, it is crucial to get appropriate medical treatment, regardless of the financial cost.
The major hospitals in the area include:
As soon as possible, an injured person should contact their insurance company to find out how medical treatment is covered under their insurance policy. Since motorcycle insurance policies often have unique provisions, it is important to review the policy and speak with the insurance adjuster to get clarification on coverage.
Personal injury lawyers offer a no-cost claim evaluation to help you.
Since there is no cost to speak with a lawyer, it is a good idea to learn more about your potential claim. Accident Data Center can help you by connecting you with our network of experienced injury lawyers who can provide you with information about your rights and options. Learn more here about the value of a no-cost legal claim evaluation.
Motorcycle Accident Reports and News from the Charlotte, NC Area
Just before 2 p.m.
One person was killed Friday after a vehicle accident in south Charlotte involving a motorcycle and a car.
The incident happened around 8 p.m. Friday night near the intersection of Wendover Road and Marvin Road.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police charged a woman with misdemeanor death by vehicle in a multi-vehicle crash which left a motorcyclist dead and two major streets closed Saturday morning.
The crash happened at the intersection of Wendover and Providence Roads in the Cotswold neighborhood.
A man from Mocksville was killed Thursday after crashing his motorcycle into a cemetery in Rowan County.
A driver was charged in an accident involving a motorcycle crash in the Steele Creek area that left one man dead.
The accident happened just before 4:30 p.m. at the intersection of Pine Harbor Road and Rainbarrel Road, near Shopton Road W.
One man is dead after a motorcycle accident near Charlotte Motor Speedway. It happened around 6:00 Saturday night, on Morehead Road.
A Salisbury man was critically injured when a car turned into the path of his motorcycle on Tuesday night.
It happened around 9:00 pm at the intersection of Jake Alexander Boulevard and Old Concord Road.
- ‹ previous
- Page 2