Clients routinely tell me they did not feel pain immediately after their collision. This is because their adrenaline is off the charts. However, once the adrenaline subsides they start to realize how sore they really are.
Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Dallas rose to prominence because of its historical importance to the oil and cottown industries. In modern times, the city's economy is primarily based on banking, commerce, telecommunications, computer technology, energy, healthcare and medical research, and transportation and logistics, with a 2013 real GDP of $448 billion. The Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area has a population of 6.9 million and is only expected to grow.
Fort Worth is Fort Worth is the 17th-largest city in the United States and the fifth-largest city in the state of Texas. The city is located in North Central Texas and covers nearly 350 square miles in Tarrant, Denton, Parker, and Wise counties—serving as the seat for Tarrant County. According to the 2013 census estimates, Fort Worth has a population of 792,727. The city is the second-largest in the Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan area.
Major Roadways in Dallas and Fort Worth
- Interstate 20 is an east-west highway that passes through central Texas. The interstate runs from Florence, South Carolina to Kent, Texas.
- Interstate 30 runs through Dallas and Fort Worth on its way to Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Interstate 45 is a major road that connects Dallas and Houston.
- U.S. Route 67 is a 1, 560-mile long north-south highway that begins in Presidio, Texas at the Mexican Border and ends in Sabula, Iowa. It passes through Dallas.
- U.S. Route 75 begins in Dallas and travels north to the Oklahoma state line, where it continues north to the Canadian border in Minnesota.
- The Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority (DART) operates buses, light rail, commuter rail, and high-occupancy vehicle lanes in Dallas and 12 of its suburbs.
- Dallas has the seventh-busiest light rail system in the country, with approximately 55 stations on 72 miles of light rail.
- Dallas is served by two commercial airports: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field, offering services to over 200 destinations both domestic and international.
- Dallas Executive Airport and Addison Airport serve as general aviation airports in the area.
Resources and Outreach Organizations in Dallas
- CyclingSavvy: Dallas
- Bike Friendly Dallas
- Green Dallas: Bike Safety
- Injury Prevention Center of Greater Dallas
- Dallas Pedestrian Network
Go here to learn more about recent Dallas and Fort Worth accidents including:
What to do after a serious injury accident in Dallas or Fort Worth
When someone has been injured or killed in a motor-vehicle collision in Dallas or Fort Worth, the accident victim and their family members are left with medical bills, lost income, and other costs. It is important to get legal assistance to help the accident victim recover, or when the accident is fatal, to help the family members get fully compensated for their losses. Learn more about how Mullen and Mullen personal injury attorneys will help injured victims and families.
Accident reports by county
So you’re severely hurt, and it’s clearly because of someone else’s negligence. You can’t work at all, and it’ll be months before you can start again.
But, your personal injury lawyer tells you it’s still likely going to be months before you recover compensation for your injuries.
Texas does not require you to have PIP. However, insurers must give you $2,500 as part of your policy if you don’t specifically reject PIP. You can pay increased premiums for higher PIP limits.
Our client had pre-existing degenerative disc disease in his cervical spine but prior to the accident he had no real complaints of neck or back pain. It was readily apparent our client sustained a significant neck sprain/strain in the wreck and that facet syndrome was responsible for the shooting pain he was experiencing.
It’s always rewarding when we can assist a client in getting a hospital bill significantly reduced. Our ability to obtain a significant reduction guaranteed that the client would walk away with the compensation she deserved as opposed to significant medical debt due to an inattentive motorist’s negligence.
This client did not have a truly objective injury I could point to. She did, however, have symptoms that mimicked those typically seen with a herniated disc. Even though the symptoms resolved, I argued to the adjuster that the injuries the client had sustained did have a significant temporary impact on her life entitling her to fair compensation.
You’ve heard about people in other lawsuits who seek money for “pain and suffering.” You know the stereotypes associated with those damages.
So should you, in your unique situation, be entitled to recover damages for “pain and suffering?”
Hit by a semi-truck? You likely have dozens of questions.
See if these aren’t some of them. And hey, you’ll get plain-English (non “lawyer-speak”) answers you can understand too.
$18,500 gross recovery for cervical strain injury auto accident in Richardson, TX. Great claim settlement where insurance company offered client only $7,500 before retaining Mullen & Mullen.