Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Dallas and Fort Worth motorcycle collisions are a serious safety risk for the many riders in the region
Motorcycle accidents are a common occurrence in the Dallas - Fort Worth region. These areas are popular with motorcyclists, and with so many bikes on the roads, the number of collisions is high, and motorcycle accidents are a major safety and economic issue for riders in the Dallas - Fort Worth communities.
Get information on motorcycle crashes from the region's law enforcement agencies
The Dallas Police Department and the Fort Worth Police Department offer information on accidents. The Dallas County Sheriff's Department and the Tarrant County Sheriff's Department are also useful resources for information.
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles provides information on traffic and safety laws.
These departments are good resources after a motorcycle crash.
Learn more about Dallas motorcycle accidents here.
Learn more about Fort Worth motorcycle accidents here.
Learn more about Plano motorcycle accidents here.
Learn more here about Frisco motorcycle accidents.
Learn more about Addison motorcycle accidents and legal resources here.
Learn more here about Allen motorcycle accidents and legal resources.
Learn more here about Arlington motorcycle crashes and legal information.
Learn more here about Balch Springs motorcycle collisions and legal resources.
Dallas and Fort Worth motorcycle crashes have common causes and devastating outcomes
While helmets and anti-lock brakes make motorcycling safer, riding a motorcycle is riskier than driving a car. Maintaining control is more difficult on two wheels, and when collisions happen, motorcyclists are at greater risk of serious injury or death because they don't have an enclosed vehicle or safety belts for protection.
The statistics on motorcycle crashes and fatalities are sobering
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the federal government estimates that per mile traveled in 2012 nationally, the number of deaths on motorcycles was more than 26 times the number in cars. Motorcycle deaths accounted for 13% of all motor vehicle crash deaths in 2013.
Common causes of Dallas and Fort Worth motorcycle crashes include:
- Vehicles turning left: Statistically, the most dangerous situation for a motorcyclist occurs when cars are making left-hand turns. These collisions account for 42% of all crashes between motorcycles and other vehicles.
- Head-on collisions: The vast majority of motorcycle crashes with cars occur when they collide head-on. These head-on crashes result in a higher fatality rate than other types of crashes.
- Lane Splitting: Lane splitting refers to when a motorcyclist drives between two lanes of cars, usually in heavy traffic when car movement is slowed or stopped.
- Speeding and alcohol impairment: Statistically, approximately half of single-vehicle motorcycle crashes have speeding and alcohol use as factors.
- Crashes between motorcycles and stationary objects: Motorcyclists crashing with fixed objects result in 25% of motorcyclist deaths.
- Road hazards: Hazards such as potholes, icy conditions, uneven lanes, and debris in the road pose significant danger to motorcyclists.
When someone is injured in a Dallas or Fort Worth motorcycle accident, what needs to happen next?
In an injury accident, it is crucial to get appropriate medical treatment, regardless of the financial cost.
The major hospitals in the area include:
- Baylor University Medical Center - Dallas;
- UT Southwestern Medical Center - Dallas;
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas;
- Plaza Medical Center - Fort Worth;
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital - Fort Worth.
As soon as possible, an injured person should contact their insurance company to find out how medical treatment is covered under their insurance policy. Since motorcycle insurance policies often have unique provisions, it is important to review the policy and speak with the insurance adjuster to get clarification on coverage.
When an accident is serious or fatal, get help from an experienced Dallas - Fort Worth motorcycle crash lawyer
When an injury is serious or a death occurs, the next step is to find an experienced Mullen and Mullen Dallas Forth Worth motorcycle accident attorney to start the financial recovery process by launching an insurance claim. Major injury or wrongful death claims are complicated and can be hard to manage without legal help. Having a Dallas - Fort Worth personal injury lawyer on board is a great relief to injured people, or to the family left behind when an accident proves fatal. Since personal injury lawyers offer a free initial consultation and work on a contingency basis, meaning that there are no up-front costs and all fees are paid when the claim is settled, there is no downside to speaking with a Mullen and Mullen Dallas motorcycle accident attorney right away, to get help for an injured motorcyclist.
Motorcycle Accident Reports and News from the Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX Area
- Page 1
- next ›