Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Information and resources related to Grapevine pedestrian accidents
Grapevine and Tarrant County have one of the highest numbers of pedestrian accidents and fatalities in the nation
It was recently reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that Texas has the second highest rate of pedestrian deaths in the nation. Among all states, pedestrian fatalities were highest in California (612), followed by Texas (478) and Florida (476). In 2016 there were 725 pedestrians killed in crashes statewide. The study found that 1.32 pedestrians are killed in the DFW metro area per 100,000 residents each year. That’s the third worst in Texas, behind Houston and McAllen.
What are some causes of Grapevine pedestrian injuries and fatalities?
Some of the reasons that Grapevine is dangerous for pedestrians include:
- The sidewalks are narrow;
- The environment is dominated by motor vehicles;
- Street corners are rounded, which enable vehicle to drive more quickly through right turns;
- Intersections tend to be very wide and require longer passage time for pedestrians;
- Poor pedestrian passageways between neighborhoods.
What is being done to improve pedestrian safety in Grapevine?
The Federal Highway Administration has put forth a number of recommendations to improve pedestrian safety in Grapevine and across the country. The recommendations include improved and expanded:
Push buttons and pedestrian signals
School Crossing Guards
Who is most at risk for injury or death in a Grapevine pedestrian collision?
According to Smart Growth America, some of the most vulnerable pedestrians are:
- Children - Fatal pedestrian injury remains a leading cause of death for those 15 years and younger;
- Older adults - While comprising 10.1 percent of Texas’s population, adults aged 65 and older account for 14.3 percent of pedestrian fatalities across the state from 2003-2010.
- People of color - Like older adults, people of color are disproportionately represented among pedestrian fatalities.
Pedestrian accidents in Grapevine are a common cause of injury and death for residents
After a serious injury pedestrian accident, contact the Grapevine Police Department, the Grapevine Fire and Rescue Department, the Texas Highway Patrol to get copies of any reports created during an accident investigation.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian collision, you will need an experienced Grapevine accident attorney to help
No matter how much we improve the infrastructure and roadways around Grapevine, pedestrian accidents will continue to happen. When a less serious crash happens, often someone can manage the insurance claim without help. When a serious injury pedestrian accident happens, or when a fatality occurs, it is crucial to get help from an experienced Grapevine pedestrian accident lawyer.
Most recent accident reports
- Page 1
- next ›