Need Legal Help Now?
Laredo, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Laredo is located on the north bank of the Rio Grande in South Texas, across from Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico. The city's economy is based on international trade with Mexico, and many major transportation companies have facilities in Laredo. Laredo is the largest inland port on the United States-Mexican Border, and boasts four international bridges.
Major Roadways in Laredo
Many major roadways begin and end in Laredo because of its position on the International border. Here are details about a few on the American side.
- Interstate 35 is a north-south highway that begins in Laredo and stretches all the way to Duluth, Minnesota.
- U.S. Route 59 is a north-south border to border route, stretching from Laredo to the Canadian border north of Lancaster, Minnesota.
- U.S. Route 83 begins runs from Westhope, North Dakota to Brownsville, Texas, running in between the Canadian and Mexican borders and passing through Laredo on the way.
- Texas State Highway Loop 20, also known as the Bob Bullock Loop and Cuatro Vientos Road, loops around the north and east sides of the city of Laredo, connecting with the World Trade International Bridge.
Other Transportation in Laredo
- Laredo is served by the Laredo International Airport, which has three commercial airlines running flights to Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Las Vegas, and Orlando.
- Public transit in the city is managed by El Metro Transit, which operates 21 fixed route bus lines in the area.
Go here to learn about recent accidents in Laredo, including:
Major hospitals in Laredo:
What to do after a serious injury accident in Laredo
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.
Texas case law establishes that an employer has a duty to warn an employee of a danger when the employment is dangerous and complex or when the employer is aware of the danger and has a reason know that the employee is not aware of the danger.
If Texas were to pass a bill that would ban texting while driving, Texas would join 39 other states and the District of Columbia in banning texting and driving for all drivers, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
The law doesn’t allow you to sue the insurance company directly, you’ve got to sue the trucking company.
What most good trucking accident lawyers will do is what we do, and that is to work on a contingency fee. What that means is that it doesn’t cost you a penny up front and we only take a percentage of what we recover for you.
We hope you never get into an accident with an 18-wheeler. But if you are a motorist in Texas, you should know what steps to take after a collision involving a large truck to protect yourself and get the help you need.
The holidays can be a very stressful time of year for those traveling on the road. Whether you are traveling near or far, it is important to keep in mind these basic safety tips to ensure you arrive safe and enjoy this wonderful time with friends and family.