Need Legal Help Now?
Austin, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Austin is the capital of the state of Texas and the second largest state capital after Phoenix, Arizona. The Austin-Round Rock metropolitan area has an estimated population of 1,883,051 as of July 1, 2013. Austin is known for being a center for live music, as well as a center for government and education in Texas.
Major Roadways in Austin
- Interstate 35 is a major north-south highway that passes through Austin. It enters the state and passes through Dallas, travels south through Austin and San Antonio, and ends at Laredo near the Mexican border.
- U.S. Route 183 travels from Refugio, Texas to Presho, South Dakota. Austin is the largest city it passes through.
- U.S. Route 290 is an east-west highway that travels from Harper to the northwest side of Houston.
- Texas State Highway 71 / Ben White Boulevard runs 253 miles from Brady to Blessing, passing through Austin on the way.
- Texas State Highway 130 / Pickle Parkway is a highway from Interstate 35 in San Antonio along Interstate 410 and Interstate 10 to east of Seguin, and then travels north as tollway from there to Interstate 35 north of Georgetown.
- Texas State Highway 45 forms a loop around Austin, existing in two open segments.
- There are two airports in the city: the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, and the Austin Executive Airport.
- Austin is considered the most bike friendly city in Texas, and has over 80 miles of bike lanes. Visit BikeAustin.org, an organization dedicated to improving quality of life for all of Austin and Central Texas by growing bicycling as a form of transportation, exercise, and recreation.
- Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority provides public transit in the city, offering many bus routes as well as a commuter rail system.
- There are several intercity bus lines available. Greyhound Lines and Megabus offer routes to many major cities, and Turimex Internacional offers transportation from Austin to many cities in Mexico.
Resources and outreach organizations:
Go here to learn more about recent Austin accidents:
- Austin car accidents;
- Austin aircraft accidents;
- Austin pedestrian accidents;
- Austin bicycle accidents;
- Austin motorcycle accidents.
Major hospitals in the Austin area:
Grief support groups in Austin:
My Healing Place is a non-profit organization focused on grief and trauma with the mission to assist children and adults as they move from loss to a full life through therapy, support, education, training and consultation. The Christi Center offers hope after the death of a loved one by providing support networks, community education and therapeutic activities that are free, peer-based, and ongoing. It was founded by Susan and Don Cox in 1987 after their daughter, Christi, was killed by a hit-and-run drunk driver. Directory of Austin grief support organizations.
What to do after a Serious Accident in Austin
If you or a loved one has been hurt or killed in a motor vehicle accident in Austin, it is essential to get legal assistance to cover the medical bills, lost income, and other costs that arise. An Austin personal injury attorney will make sure that you and your family are compensated so that you can begin rebuilding your life.
Accident reports by county
One of the most important elements in determining the possible value of a case is the seriousness of the injuries suffered. Medical care can be expensive, and typically the higher the medical costs, the higher the value of a claim. This is why medical records can be a vital part to a legal claim.
Start by looking at how much experience the attorney has, specifically in handling cases like yours, and obtaining positive results. Next, look at how often they take on cases like yours.
An attorney with a successful track record of dealing with insurance companies will know how to examine the value of your case and the likelihood of success. There are many other benefits an attorney can provide you that will ease the entire process.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the department in charge with regulating the trucking industry, has compiled statistics on truck wrecks from 2014. Here are some shocking truck wreck statistics and how they relate to your truck wreck case.
Congress has not increased the minimum requirement of financial responsibility in over 30 years despite inflation and the increases in the costs of medical care.
The Department of Transportation is responsible for planning and coordination of federal transportation projects. It also creates safety regulations for all major methods of transportation.
If you are injured, legal representation can work on your behalf to lessen the time, energy, money, and emotional toll you will exert in getting back to normal. You might be wondering is a lawyer would work on your behalf?
Searching for the company by the U.S. DOT number ensures that you find the proper legal name of the company that has registered the truck.
Most recent accident reports
- Page 1
- next ›