Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Information and resources related to Balch Springs car accidents
Balch Springs and Dallas County car crashes – how much of a threat do they pose to drivers?
It is well understood that car accidents are one of the most common cause of injury and death for drivers in Balch Springs, Dallas County, and across Texas. Everyone knows someone who has been injured or killed in an auto collision, and many people have themselves been involved in a crash.
What does the data show about Balch Springs and Dallas County car crashes?
According to the State of Texas Department of Transportation, there were 3,773 fatalities on Texas roadways in the 55,797 crashes reported in 2016. In Balch Springs alone there were 621 collisions that year. Clearly, the statistics demonstrate that every driver in Balch Springs is at risk for a potential serious auto crash.
What are the most common types of injuries caused by Balch Springs car crashes?
Common injuries that people suffer in a motor-vehicle collision include:
- Brain and Head Injuries - Symptoms can be mild, moderate or severe, depending on the extent of damage to the brain and the area effected.
- Neck Injuries - These can occur in more mild forms such as whiplash and neck strain, to more serious injuries like cervical dislocation and disc injury.
- Spinal Cord Injuries - Damage to the spinal cord often results in a loss of function or feeling.
- Back Injuries - The lower back is the most common site of back injuries, including sprains and strains, herniated discs and fractured vertebrae.
- Facial Injuries - Injuries to the face are common and can be caused by the steering wheel, dashboard, airbag, windshield, side window, car seats or shattered glass.
- Internal Injuries - These injuries can include injuries to bowels, kidneys, the spleen, liver, lungs, heart or aorta. Fractured ribs are also quite common.
- Psychological Injuries - Crashes can result in drivers and passengers suffering short or long-term psychological injuries such as emotional distress, post-traumatic stress disorder, persistent anxiety and depression.
After a serious car crash, get assistance from an experienced Balch Springs car accident lawyer
Sometimes a crash just results in property damage or very minor injuries, and in these situations, someone can usually manage their own insurance claim. When a serious injury car collision happens, or when a fatality occurs, it is crucial to get help from an experienced Balch Springs car accident lawyer, who will give information about your rights and options, and handle all aspects of your personal injury claim.
Most recent accident reports
- Page 1
- next ›