Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Carrollton Commercial Truck Accidents and Legal Resources
Texas and Carrollton have one of the highest numbers of commercial truck accidents and fatalities in the nation
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, Texas had 3,773 motor-vehicle fatalities in 2016, resulting in an economic loss of $38,600,000,000. And included in this number is the number of crashes and fatalities involving commercial vehicles. In 2016 just in Dallas County alone, there were 32 fatalities and 3,882 crashes involving commercial vehicles, many of which are semi trucks.
What are some causes of the high number of commercial truck accidents in Carrollton?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, some of the reasons that commercial truck crashes are such a problem in Carrollton include:
- Driver related physical factors like alcohol use, illegal drug use, over-the-counter medication, and prescription medication use;
- Driver fatigue;
- Driver related recognition factors like inattention and onversation;
- Driver related decision factors like following too closely and misjudgment of gap distance to other vehicle;
- Speeding and aggressive driving.
What is being done to improve the safety of motorists sharing the roads with commercial trucks in Carrollton?
The Texas Department of Insurance offers safety training programs and publications that offer much-needed information on how both commercial truck drivers and other motorists can improve safety on Carrollton roadways. These materials discuss:
Driving and merging collision prevention;
Driving in fog and rain;
Parking lot and railroad-crossing safety;
How to avoid drowsy and distracted driving.
Why do commercial trucks pose such a danger on Carrollton roads?
While Carrollton roads did not make the recent list of the top 13 most dangerous roads for truckers, it's clear that commercial trucks pose a significant danger to truck drivers and motorists on Carrollton roads and freeways. According to a recent article on Trucks.com, some reasons the commercial truck industry poses danger include:
- Increased reliance on trucking to transport goods is putting more truck drivers on the road, with higher incident rates for accidents and driver deaths,
- Because of the way drivers’ compensation is structured, they’re often asked to choose between productivity and safety.
- Long hours, low pay and tough working conditions contribute to high turnover and puts inexperienced drivers on the road.
- The lack of National Highway Transportation Safety Administration standards for crashworthiness of heavy-duty trucks plays a role in fatality rates.
- The size and weight of a commercial truck causes significant damage to smaller vehicles in a crash.
Get information on Carrollton semi truck accidents from local police and first responders
If you need information about a Carrollton semi truck crash, you can contact the Carrollton Police Department, Carrollton Fire and Rescue Department, the Dallas County Sheriff, or the Texas State Patrol to request a copy of the collision report.
If you have been injured in a collision involving a commercial truck, you will need a great Carrollton accident attorney to help
No matter how much we improve safety in the commercial trucking industry, truck accidents will continue to happen. When a less serious crash happens, often someone can manage the insurance claim without help. When a serious injury accident happens, or when a fatality occurs, it is crucial to get help from an experienced Carrollton commercial truck accident lawyer.
Most recent accident reports
- Page 1
- next ›