Amarillo, TX - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Amarillo is the largest city in the Texas Panhandle with a population of 190,695 at the 2010 census, and an estimated population of 236,113 in the four-county metropolitan area. Amarillo operates one of the largest meat packing areas in the U.S., and is home to Pantex, the only nuclear weapons assembly and disassembly factory in the United States. Amarillo was also once the self-proclaimed "Helium Capital of the World" for its productive helium fields.
- U.S. Route 66 was once the primary east-west highway passing through the downtown of Amarillo. It is still in use, though much of its traffic now passes through Interstate 40.
- Interstate 40 passes through the center of the city. Since its completion in 1968, it has been the primary thoroughfare in Amarillo.
- Texas State Highway Loop 335 encircles the city of Amarillo and connects to every major highway in the city. It also passes close to the Amarillo International Airport.
- The Amarillo City Transit Department operates a bus system in the city.
- Amarillo is important to the rail freight system, with 100-110 trains passing through the area each day. However, the city has no passenger rail service.
- There are three airports in the city: the Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport, the Tradewind Airport, and the Buffalo Airport.
Choose the link below to learn about recent Amarillo accidents:
Main hospitals in Amarillo:
Where to find legal assistance after an Amarillo injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from an Amarillo personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, an Amarillo wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what an Amarillo car accident lawyer can do to help.
This is really hard to watch.
First things first: apparently everyone survived, and the baby and toddler are currently stabilized and recovering in the hospital, but that will not be super helpful to your stress level while/immediately after viewing. If you are currently the mother of young children, have a drink ready or your chosen method of self-care for when the video is done, because you will need it.